Connect with us

Entertainment

Ooni’s Ex Wife Now On Hunger Strike In Agodi Prison ~Mother Laments

Published

on

 

Mrs Ogunseyi, who disclosed this in an interview with news platforms, noted that when she visited her daughter on Thursday at the custodial centre, she wasn’t feeling fine.

The estranged queen of the Ooni of Ife, Naomi Silekunola, who is being detained at Agodi prison following the stampede that claimed the lives of 35 children in Ibadan, Oyo State, is currently on hunger strike, the mother, Mrs Funmilayo Ogunseyi, has revealed.

Mrs Ogunseyi, who disclosed this in an interview with newsmen noted that when she visited her daughter on Thursday at the custodial centre, she wasn’t feeling fine.

“She wasn’t happy about the whole incident. She loves children. The queen loves and helps children, single mothers, old women, and widows. She is still in pain that those children lost their lives because her intention was pure.”

The queen’s mother explained that organising such an event to help people was what Naomi had been doing for years.

“She used to buy clothes for children at Christmas. She has emaciated in the custodial facility. She has refused to eat.

“When I was there yesterday (Thursday), I persuaded her. She still did not eat. The place was not comfortable for her. She was sad about the children losing their lives.”

Mrs Ogunseyi appealed to Nigerians for intervention, noting that the incident was not intentional and was in no way meant to kill anybody.

“We are just begging everybody. We’re begging Nigerians to help us. The people should help us beg Governor Seyi Makinde to intervene in the matter. That’s all I need. We are also appealing to all Nigerians to help us beg the parents who lost their children at the event. We’re sorry. It was not intentional. We did not mean to kill anybody.”

Regretting the whole incident, the Queen’s mother said that she was ready to visit families of those people who lost their children and talked to them and sympathised with them.

“I am a mother, and I know what it means (to lose a child). I know how it feels,” she said begging for clemency on her daughter.

Given some details of the matter, she said: “The queen is the brain behind the programme aimed at helping Nigerians. She has a foundation. With her foundation, she has helped women not only in need of material things or foodstuff but also those who needed guidance and support. Basically, my daughter runs a non-governmental organisation.

“She has been using this NGO to help the less privileged. She has organised this kind of funfair in different cities in the country, and she has been going from one town or city to another to celebrate the end of the year with children. She has done this in Akure, Ondo town, Ile Oluji, and many other places. So, this year, she decided to bring it down to Ibadan.”

She added, “In all the events she had organised in the past, she always spoke to people on the ground in the town. These were the people who would tell her the necessary things to do. She could not do it alone and would approach people in the city or town to help in the organisation of the funfair. The same thing was applicable in the Ibadan funfair.

“As of the time she was planning for Ibadan funfair, some of her team members told her about Agidigbo FM. The queen was told about Mr Hamzat Oriyomi who would help to publicise the event. The reason was that she had not organised such an event in Ibadan before. They had never met before.

“We had earlier gotten a place in Moniya for the event, but Mr Oriyomi advised that the place was too small. That was how we got the venue we used at the Islamic High School, Basorun. It was a help that he rendered because he even paid for the place by himself.

“From our observation, the place was spacious enough to accommodate what we envisaged. We had held programmes in schools before; so, we agreed to use the venue Mr Oriyomi suggested. As I stated earlier, in all the events we had organised, including a teens’ crusade we had some years back, there was no casualty.”

She further stated that on the eve of the event, when the queen came to Ibadan, she met with Mr Oriyomi for the first time. “She appreciated him for his effort in securing the venue of the event as well as the publicity. Unfortunately, on the day of the event, my phone was ringing with calls to make enquiries.

“They put my number on the flier of the event. People started calling me at around 4.30am. I was wondering why people called me at that time. They were asking if the event had been cancelled. I told them that the event would still be held.

“By 6.30am, I began to hear the news that the place was overcrowded. I was told that the premises had been filled up with the crowd. Some people were throwing their children over the fence. All of these led to the stampede which occurred.

“When we heard about this news, my daughter went to a police station to report the matter. We called the police, we called the army, and we called other security agents to inform them about the incident.

“Meanwhile, on the eve of the event, four security men came with us from Akure. We even asked the two of them to go to the field and sleep over there, because of the people who were decorating the venue. We also had two bouncers. It was at the station that my daughter was interrogated.

“We were thinking she would go back home but unfortunately, she was detained. Then, she was taken to the court. However, we were not informed the previous day that she would be taken to court the next day. Our lawyer wasn’t aware.

“So, that morning, we were told that they wanted to arraign her.

She was taken to the magistrate’s court. At the magistrate’s court, the magistrate could not grant her bail because only the High Court would be able to grant her bail. The magistrate asked that the three of them: the queen, Mr Oriyomi, and the principal of the school be taken to the custodial facility.”

Entertainment

S+x Is The Only Reason I Got Married To My Husband— Reverend(Mrs) Stellamaris Ajetomobi

Published

on

 

In a striking statement about marital roles, Rev. Mrs. Stellamaris Ajetomibi, Vice President of The Men of Issachar Vision Inc., shared her perspective on what she considers the “core assignment” in marriage.

“S+x is marriage, sex is marriage. Let me tell you, in my father’s house, I used to wear clothes. I eat rice, I eat any food. I have house to live, everything. What do you think I came to look for in my husband’s house? It’s s+x. It’s s+x,” she declared.

She emphasized the exclusivity of her marital duties: “If I do it with any other man, I will be stoned. If I do it with any other man, God will frown at it. So he’s the only one I have liberty to do it with, and they even gave me a certificate, as many of you that were there that day.”

On practical support, Ajetomibi clarified the distinction between household help and her main responsibility: “You can help me cook, that’s not bad. You can help me wash clothes, that’s not bad. In fact, you can help me do homework for my children. I pay teachers to do that. This assignment, this is the core assignment. I can’t pay anybody. If I catch you to doing it, it’s g+n down.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Actress Biola Adebayo Tenders Apology Over Interview With Baba Ijesha (Video)

Published

on

Popular Nigerian actress and podcaster Biola Adebayo has publicly apologized for featuring actor Baba Ijesha on her podcast.

Recall that Baba Ijesha, who was recently released from prison over sexual assault related offense, appeared on Talk to B podcast over the weekend.

Sharing his own side of the story, Baba Ijesha claimed that the allegation was false and accused comedienne, Princess of setting hin up.

He also stated that actress Iyabo Ojo who supported his imprisonment once entrusted her kids, Priscilla and Festus in his custody.

The interview sparked criticism, with followers of Iyabo Ojo and Princess accusing Biola Adebayo of using her platform to encourage child abuse.

Reacting to the heavy criticism on Tuesday evening, Biola Adebayo, who had earlier taken down the video, tendered a public apology.

While denying allegation of using her platform to exonerate him, Biola disclosed that she is also a rape victim.

Speaking in a trending video on her Instagram page, she said “I apologise to everyone. I’m very sorry, please forgive me. I will never support a rapist or pedophile. I thought I was just an interviewer, my role is to interview him, hear what he had to say.

“I thought he would apologise but he did not do so. But it’s not in my place to condemn him. My platform is for the good and the bad, it’s for both Saint and the sinners. The platform is not for only the people that you like alone. I’m a mother, a Christian and I’m also a rape victim.

”So, I will never enable anybody. The interview was not to exonerate Baba Ijesha, to agree with whatever he was saying or for him to come and claim innocent on my show. And a lot of people are insinuating that the video is to tarnish Iyabo Ojo’s image. I will never do that”, she said.

Watch her speak:

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Hollywood actor, Chuck Noreis, d!es at 86

Published

on

 

Iconic action star Chuck Norris has died. He was 86.

His family announced his passing in a statement released today March 20.

“It is with heavy hearts that our family shares the sudden passing of our beloved Chuck Norris yesterday morning. Please know that he was surrounded by his family and was at peace.” the statemnt in part reads

The martial artist and actor had just celebrated his 86th birthday on March 10.

Chuck rose to fame in the ‘80s with karate films like ‘A Force of One’ and ‘An Eye for an Eye,’ before becoming a household name as Cordell Walker in ‘Walker, Texas Ranger!’

Chuck is survived by his wife, Gena O’Kelley, and his five children — twins Dakota and Danilee, as well as Dina, Eric and Mike from previous relationships.

May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

Continue Reading

Trending