Connect with us

Entertainment

Why I won’t sign up-and-coming artistes – Tiwa Savage

Published

on

Tiwa Savage

Nigerian singer-songwriter and actress Tiwa Savage has revealed that she has no plans to sign upcoming artists, citing the stress and responsibility of managing musicians.

The ‘Somebody’s Son singer, instead said, she wants to focus on building an ecosystem where African artists thrive independently.

Speaking in an interview with Forbes Africa on Thursday, Savage explained that handling artists can be overwhelming, and she does not feel equipped for the role.

“Everyone always asks me, ‘When will you sign an artiste?’ I don’t think I have the gift to sign another artiste, because artistes are stressful. I could just be sleeping, and then I will wake up and my artist is trending for something else,” she said.

“But I do have the gift to help, which is why I am trying to do the music school, where you can go and later sign to a label that can actually help you,” Savage added.

Savage also stated that African artists should focus on building their own thriving music industry instead of constantly seeking validation abroad.

She said, “Why are we trying to break into another market? We should build our own to be the one others try to break into.

“If we had the right infrastructure, affordable data, and investment, we would not have to chase validation elsewhere.”

Having built a career spanning Afrobeats, jazz, and even film production with her 2024 debut as an executive producer on Water and Garri, Savage is thinking beyond music. “I want to go into my mogul era – billionaire Tiwa Savage,” she declared.

Entertainment

S+x Is The Only Reason I Got Married To My Husband— Reverend(Mrs) Stellamaris Ajetomobi

Published

on

 

In a striking statement about marital roles, Rev. Mrs. Stellamaris Ajetomibi, Vice President of The Men of Issachar Vision Inc., shared her perspective on what she considers the “core assignment” in marriage.

“S+x is marriage, sex is marriage. Let me tell you, in my father’s house, I used to wear clothes. I eat rice, I eat any food. I have house to live, everything. What do you think I came to look for in my husband’s house? It’s s+x. It’s s+x,” she declared.

She emphasized the exclusivity of her marital duties: “If I do it with any other man, I will be stoned. If I do it with any other man, God will frown at it. So he’s the only one I have liberty to do it with, and they even gave me a certificate, as many of you that were there that day.”

On practical support, Ajetomibi clarified the distinction between household help and her main responsibility: “You can help me cook, that’s not bad. You can help me wash clothes, that’s not bad. In fact, you can help me do homework for my children. I pay teachers to do that. This assignment, this is the core assignment. I can’t pay anybody. If I catch you to doing it, it’s g+n down.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Actress Biola Adebayo Tenders Apology Over Interview With Baba Ijesha (Video)

Published

on

Popular Nigerian actress and podcaster Biola Adebayo has publicly apologized for featuring actor Baba Ijesha on her podcast.

Recall that Baba Ijesha, who was recently released from prison over sexual assault related offense, appeared on Talk to B podcast over the weekend.

Sharing his own side of the story, Baba Ijesha claimed that the allegation was false and accused comedienne, Princess of setting hin up.

He also stated that actress Iyabo Ojo who supported his imprisonment once entrusted her kids, Priscilla and Festus in his custody.

The interview sparked criticism, with followers of Iyabo Ojo and Princess accusing Biola Adebayo of using her platform to encourage child abuse.

Reacting to the heavy criticism on Tuesday evening, Biola Adebayo, who had earlier taken down the video, tendered a public apology.

While denying allegation of using her platform to exonerate him, Biola disclosed that she is also a rape victim.

Speaking in a trending video on her Instagram page, she said “I apologise to everyone. I’m very sorry, please forgive me. I will never support a rapist or pedophile. I thought I was just an interviewer, my role is to interview him, hear what he had to say.

“I thought he would apologise but he did not do so. But it’s not in my place to condemn him. My platform is for the good and the bad, it’s for both Saint and the sinners. The platform is not for only the people that you like alone. I’m a mother, a Christian and I’m also a rape victim.

”So, I will never enable anybody. The interview was not to exonerate Baba Ijesha, to agree with whatever he was saying or for him to come and claim innocent on my show. And a lot of people are insinuating that the video is to tarnish Iyabo Ojo’s image. I will never do that”, she said.

Watch her speak:

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Hollywood actor, Chuck Noreis, d!es at 86

Published

on

 

Iconic action star Chuck Norris has died. He was 86.

His family announced his passing in a statement released today March 20.

“It is with heavy hearts that our family shares the sudden passing of our beloved Chuck Norris yesterday morning. Please know that he was surrounded by his family and was at peace.” the statemnt in part reads

The martial artist and actor had just celebrated his 86th birthday on March 10.

Chuck rose to fame in the ‘80s with karate films like ‘A Force of One’ and ‘An Eye for an Eye,’ before becoming a household name as Cordell Walker in ‘Walker, Texas Ranger!’

Chuck is survived by his wife, Gena O’Kelley, and his five children — twins Dakota and Danilee, as well as Dina, Eric and Mike from previous relationships.

May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

Continue Reading

Trending