Politics
Kano govt defends Kwankwaso, slams ex-SSG over corruption allegations
Kano State Governor, Abba Kabir Yusuf has strongly refuted corruption allegations made against the leader of the Kwankwasiyya Movement, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, by former Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Abdullahi Baffa Bichi.
Speaking on Sunday during a special meeting with 484 councillors from the 44 local government areas of the state, Governor Yusuf described Bichi’s claims as baseless and misleading.
He said the allegations, which circulated in a viral video on social media, were a deliberate attempt to tarnish Kwankwaso’s reputation and destabilize the current administration.
In the video, Bichi claimed that the present government had looted more public funds in two years than the immediate past administration under former Governor Abdullahi Ganduje did in eight years.
He also accused Kwankwaso of receiving N2 billion monthly from the state coffers—allegations Governor Yusuf dismissed as completely false.
“There is a beneficiary of this administration who was recently removed from office,” the governor said.
“I saw him shamelessly claiming that this government has stolen ten times more than what Ganduje’s administration stole in eight years. Why didn’t he say this while he was still serving if he was truly honest?”
Governor Yusuf expressed disappointment that a man of Bichi’s age would make such unfounded allegations, warning that such behavior could encourage the younger generation to disrespect societal institutions and figures of authority.
“Our society is at risk when respected figures—religious leaders, elders, traditional rulers—are insulted without consequence. From now on, we will not tolerate such behavior. We are taking steps to put an end to it,” he added.
Defending Kwankwaso, the governor said:
“Our leader, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, has served this nation in various critical capacities and understands the demands of leadership. It is unacceptable that someone of such experience and stature be ridiculed by those who have achieved far less.
Criticize us if you must, question our policies—but insulting our revered leader will not be tolerated.”
Governor Yusuf also cautioned radio stations and media outlets against airing defamatory and unverified statements that could mislead the public and inflame tensions.
“To the media organizations that give space to these irresponsible statements: we are watching. If you continue to spread these harmful narratives, be reminded that we are in a position of authority and will not hesitate to act,” he warned.
Reaffirming his unwavering loyalty to Kwankwaso, the governor declared:
“Wherever he goes, we go with him. We are proud of our choice, and we have no regrets.”
Earlier in his address, Governor Yusuf called for unity among elected officials and urged the councillors to prioritize community development projects in education, healthcare, and agriculture.
“Our administration is committed to transparency. There is no room for corrupt individuals here. Anyone found looting public funds will be shown the door.
We also plan to renovate all local government secretariats to stimulate rural development, improve public service delivery, and strengthen security,” the governor concluded.
Politics
Fubara To Contest Rivers Governorship Seat Under NDC
A Rivers State politician, Blessing Fubara, has declared his intention to contest the 2027 governorship election in Rivers State under the platform of the Nigeria Democratic Congress.
The politician has already obtained both the nomination and expression of interest forms needed to participate in the governorship race ahead of the 2027 election.
Blessing Fubara shares the same surname and local government area with the current Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara.
Both men are from Opobo/Nkoro Local Government Area. However, there has been no confirmation that they are family members.
The Chairman of the NDC in Rivers State, Success Jack, confirmed that Blessing Fubara is among those seeking the party’s governorship ticket.
He also stated that he could not confirm whether the governorship aspirant is related to Governor Siminalayi Fubara.
According to him, the party is preparing seriously for the 2027 general elections and hopes to win not only the governorship seat but other elective positions in Rivers State.
The development comes weeks after Blessing Fubara left the All Progressives Congress and joined the NDC.
Following his defection in Abuja, he was received by former Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, alongside other leaders and members of the party.
After joining the NDC, Blessing Fubara said his decision was taken for the interest of Rivers people.
He also stated that the future of the state must be protected ahead of the next general election, expressing confidence that the state would experience positive changes after the 2027 polls.
Politics
Desmond Elliot Withdraws from APC Lagos Assembly Primaries, Cites Intimidation
Surulere I lawmaker Desmond Elliot has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress Lagos House of Assembly primaries, citing intimidation across multiple zones.
In a viral video posted online, the lawmaker said he was stepping out of the race despite seeking re-election under the APC. He alleged that his supporters faced intimidation during the process in several parts of the constituency.
Elliot’s decision came as the primaries held across Lagos on Tuesday. Chief of Staff to the President Femi Gbajabiamila, who represents Surulere Federal Constituency, praised the conduct of the exercise in Surulere, describing it as peaceful.
The withdrawal narrows the contest for the APC ticket in Surulere I ahead of the 2027 general election. Party officials in Lagos have not yet responded to Elliot’s claims, and the APC state chapter has not announced whether the primary in the constituency will proceed with other aspirants.
Elliot has represented Surulere I in the Lagos State House of Assembly since 2015.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DYkCaAiMxxt/?igsh=ZWw5czl6MHJhNnRy
Politics
Political Shockwave in Rivers as Fubara Pulls Out of APC Governorship Race, Backs Party’s Candidate
Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, has officially withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primaries scheduled to take place on Thursday, a development that has stirred fresh political conversations across the state.
The governor announced his decision in a personally signed statement titled “My Decision to Withdraw from the Rivers State Gubernatorial Primaries,” which was released on Wednesday night.
In the statement, Fubara explained that his withdrawal followed wide consultations with political associates, stakeholders, and supporters. He stated that the decision was taken in the overall interest of peace, unity, and stability within the APC and Rivers State at large.
According to the governor, politics should not be allowed to divide the people or create unnecessary tension within the party. He stressed that preserving unity among party members and maintaining stability in the state remain more important than personal political ambition.
Fubara further pledged his total loyalty and support to whoever eventually emerges as the APC governorship candidate, assuring party faithful that he remains committed to the success and progress of the party ahead of the next general elections.
The Rivers governor also appreciated his supporters across the state for standing by him throughout the political process. He thanked party leaders, youth groups, women supporters, and political associates who had continued to show him solidarity and encouragement.
He urged his supporters not to see his withdrawal as the end of his political journey, but rather as a decision made in the collective interest of the party and the state. He also appealed to them to remain peaceful, united, and committed to the ideals of the APC.
Political observers have described the development as one of the biggest political surprises in Rivers State in recent times, especially considering the growing speculations and intense political alignments ahead of the governorship primaries.
Analysts believe the governor’s withdrawal may reshape the political calculations within the APC and influence the direction of the party’s governorship race moving forward.
The announcement has continued to generate mixed reactions from political stakeholders and residents across Rivers State. While some supporters described the move as strategic and mature, others expressed surprise over the governor’s sudden exit from the contest.
Several party faithful, however, commended Fubara for placing party unity and stability above personal ambition, noting that his decision may help reduce internal tensions and strengthen the APC ahead of the elections.
The development has also intensified attention on the remaining aspirants contesting for the APC governorship ticket, as consultations and political meetings continue ahead of the primary election.
Many observers believe the governor’s endorsement of the eventual APC candidate could play a major role in shaping the outcome of the party’s governorship battle and future political structure in the state.
As political activities continue to gather momentum in Rivers State, all eyes are now on the APC primaries and the next phase of political developments expected to unfold in the coming days.
-
Business2 years ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
-
Trending2 years agoNYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
-
Politics2 years agoMexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
-
Politics2 years agoPutin invites 20 world leaders
-
Politics2 years agoRussia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
-
Education2 years ago
GOVERNOR FUBARA APPOINTS COUNCIL MEMBERS FOR KEN SARO-WIWA POLYTECHNIC BORI
