News
Edo: Police arrest three suspected kidnappers after collecting over N75 million ransom
The Edo State Police Command has arrested three out of the four-man kidnapping gang who had collected over N75 million ransom from 11 victims between January and April 2025.
Moses Yamu, the image maker of the Command, who disclosed this to newsmen in Benin City, said that the kidnapping syndicate had been terrorizing Benin City and environs.
Ekwutosblog reports that Moses Yamu gave the names of the three arrested suspects as Asemota Osamede, 38, Michael Tomminiwei, 43, and Kelly Aitoya, 34.
Yamu said the suspects were arrested after successfully collecting the sum of N7.5 million ransom from one Mrs Vivian Diode, a sawmill operator at Eyean, Aduduwa along the Benin-Auchi road, Benin City.
He said the suspects, who allegedly kidnapped the victim on April 10, 2025, collected N1.5 million from her bank account while in captivity and also collected N6 million ransom from her family members before releasing her.
Ekwutosblog , however, gathered that a week after her release, the suspects also called the family members to demand another N3 million.
It was gathered that the suspects threatened to kidnap her again or assassinate her if the family failed to pay the money.
It was learnt that the development prompted the family to report the incident to the police and the anti-cultism unit of the command.
The operatives swiftly responded and, in the process, arrested three suspects in connection with the kidnapping of the woman.
The Public Relations Officer of the Command, Yamu, said the suspects who confessed to the crime belonged to a four-man kidnapping syndicate operating with one AK-47 rifle and two pump-action guns in Benin City.
He said the investigation has been completed and the suspect will be charged in Court.
He said the commissioner of police in the state, Monday Agbonika, restated the command’s commitment to the safety of lives and property, warning that there is no safe haven for criminals in the state.
News
“It Was Sweet Blue Candy” – Hon Doguwa debunked rumour he’s a drvg add!ct
He said, “The claim that I was taking drvgs or p;lls is nothing but the work of the d£vil and my political en3mies. What was actually in my mouth was just sweet blue candy.”
Hon. Alhassan Ado Doguwa is a Member of the House of Representatives representing the Tudun Wada/Doguwa Federal Constituency in Kano State under the All Progressives Congress (APC)..
What do you think???
News
ALAOJI PLANT RETURNS TO NATIONAL GRID
Alaoji Plant Returns To National Grid
The Niger Delta Power Holding Company has restored the 450-megawatt Alaoji Open Cycle Power Plant in Abia State after it remained shut for three years.
The facility had stopped operations due to gas supply problems, debt issues and disagreements over metering.
The shutdown had affected output from the national grid for more than 36 months.
Officials explained that efforts were made to resolve the long-running disputes and stabilise gas supply before restarting operations at the plant.
The restoration is also expected to support businesses and industries relying on stable electricity.
The Alaoji facility is one of the major power plants in the country and plays a role in boosting energy distribution across several regions.
Its return comes as authorities continue pushing for better electricity generation nationwide.
News
𝗛𝗢𝗡. 𝗧𝗢𝗦𝗞𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗡𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦, 𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗜𝗛𝗜𝗔𝗚𝗪𝗔, 𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗕𝗜𝗘𝗭𝗘𝗡𝗔, 𝗘𝗭𝗜𝗢𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗢, 𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗔𝗕𝗜𝗔𝗠, 𝗢𝗞𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗛𝗜, 𝗨𝗠𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗠𝗔, 𝗔𝗩𝗨 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦: 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗜𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere(TOSKA), Member Representing Owerri Federal Constituency, has strongly condemned the incessant gruesome killings, kidnappings, rapes and violent attacks carried out by unscrupulous and criminal elements terrorizing communities within Owerri Federal Constituency, especially in Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emeabiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other neighbouring communities.
The recent killings of vigilante operatives and innocent constituents at Umuguma and Ihiagwa call for urgent and deterrent response by our security agencies.
In a passionate motion raised before the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Okere called on the Federal Government of Nigeria and relevant security agencies to immediately deploy adequate security personnel to the affected communities and take decisive actions against the worsening insecurity threatening the lives and properties of his people.
According to him, the continuous attacks on harmless villagers, farmers, women and youths can no longer be tolerated under any guise.
“I urge the Federal Government of Nigeria to urgently look into this motion and act swiftly before more innocent lives are lost. Our people deserve to live and to live in peace without fear of being kidnapped, raped or butchered in their own communities,” Hon. TOSKA stressed.
The lawmaker further emphasized that the people of Owerri Federal Constituency will not fold their arms and watch criminals continue to unleash terror across Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emebiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other communities while families continue to mourn their loved ones daily.
This courageous move by Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere has continued to attract commendations from constituents who describe his intervention as timely, bold and people-oriented.
Hon. Okere is the light and the voice of Owerri Federal Constituency.
May God keep him to keep standing for us and for our interest.
-
Business2 years ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
-
Trending2 years agoNYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
-
Politics2 years agoMexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
-
Politics2 years agoPutin invites 20 world leaders
-
Politics2 years agoRussia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
-
Education2 years ago
GOVERNOR FUBARA APPOINTS COUNCIL MEMBERS FOR KEN SARO-WIWA POLYTECHNIC BORI
