Connect with us

SportsNews

WAFCON 2024: Top scorers ahead of semi-final fixtures

Published

on

Morocco’s Ghizlane Chebbak and Senegal’s Nguenar Ndiaye are currently the joint-top scorers at the ongoing Women’s Africa Cup of Nations, WAFCON.

Chebbak and Ndiaye have four goals each to their names ahead of the semi-final fixtures.

Recall that Ghana defeated Algeria 4-2 on penalty shoot-out in the quarter-final following a 0-0 draw after 120 minutes on Saturday evening.

The outcome ensured Ghana advance to the last-4 stage where they will face Morocco on Tuesday night.

Also, South Africa defeated Senegal via penalty shoot-out in the other quarter-final encounter played on Saturday night.

South Africa will now face Nigeria in the semi-final fixture on Tuesday evening.

Top scorers at WAFCON so far:

Ghizlane Chebbak (Morocco) – 4 goals
Nguenar Ndiaye (Senegal) – 4 goals
Barbra Banda (Zambia) – 3 goals
Racheal Kundananji (Zambia) – 3 goals
Ibtissam Jraïdi (Morocco) – 3 goals
Chinwendu Ihezuo (Nigeria) – 3 goals
Mama Diop (Senegal) – 2 goals
Alice Kusi (Ghana) – 2 goals
Yasmine Mrabet (Morocco) – 2 goals

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SportsNews

Chelsea mathematically out of title race after 3-0 defeat to Everton

Published

on

Chelsea are now mathematically out of the Premier League title race.

This follows their 3-0 drubbing in the hands of Everton at the Hill Dickinson Stadium on Saturday night.

Liam Rosenior’s men came into the match with 48 points, looking to keep pace with the teams in front of them.

However, Beto opened the scoring for the hosts in the first half, before adding a second after the break.

Chelsea barely threatened Everton and looked flat for most of the game, before Iliman Ndiaye added a third.

The result means the Blues cannot match the 70 points that league leaders Arsenal currently have with seven matches left.

Champions Liverpool are also on the verge of being mathematically ruled out, as they have 49 points.

Continue Reading

SportsNews

Super Eagles player bounced me from Iheanacho’s room — Osimhen

Published

on

Galatasaray striker, Victor Osimhen, has claimed that a senior member of the Super Eagles squad in 2017 sent him away from a hotel room during his first call-up to the national team.

According to the 27-year-old, it was Kelechi Iheanacho who intervened and welcomed him inside.

Osimhen revealed this while appearing on a Twitch livestream with comedian, Carter Efe in the early hours of Saturday.

He said: “When I came, I met Iheanacho. And I told him, ‘ah, see me, I’m gonna carry your boots.’ So he said I should come to his room so, he gave me his room number.

“So, as I got to his room — I don’t just want to mention the name — he had a roommate. So, as I knocked on the door, the roommate opened the door. So, he like bounced me out of the room.”

Osimhen refused to reveal the identity of the player who sent him away.

Continue Reading

SportsNews

AFCON 2025; Drama as Senegal Reportedly Relocates Trophy To Military Base After CAF Decision (Video)

Published

on

Drama as Senegal reportedly relocates AFCON trophy to military base after Confederation of African Football (CAF) viral decision.

‎It would be recalled that CAF stripped Senegal of their Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) title, awarding it to Morocco instead.

This decision came after Morocco appealed the result of the January 18 final, where Senegal won 1-0 in extra time.

‎ According to the CAF Appeal Board, Senegal had forfeited the match due to their players walking off the pitch in protest of a penalty awarded to Morocco, citing Articles 82 and 84 of the AFCON regulations.

The controversy surrounds the AFCON final, where Senegal’s players walked off the pitch in protest of a late penalty awarded to Morocco.

In a clip circulating on the microblogging platform, X (formerly Twitter), a young man with glasses is seen holding the AFCON trophy surrounded by military personnel.

The clip captures the military personnel’s excitement as they support the trophy, with an officer recording the moment.

In a recent development, Senegal has announced plans to appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), with some officials and players expressing outrage and disappointment.

The Senegalese government has also called for an international investigation into suspected corruption within CAF.

Watch video below……

Continue Reading

Trending