Connect with us

News

Alleged N3.1bn fraud: Suswan’s defence stalls again after 10 years in court

Published

on

The trial of former Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswam, was on Monday, September 22, 2025, stalled at the Federal High Court in Abuja after the defence failed to open its case.

Suswam and his former Finance Commissioner, Omodachi Okolobia, are being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on an amended 11-count charge over the alleged diversion of N3.1 billion.

The funds were allegedly proceeds from the sale of Benue State shares managed through the Benue Investment and Property Company Limited via Elixir Securities and Elixir Investment Partners.

Justice Peter Lifu had earlier, on July 23, dismissed Suswam’s no-case submission and ordered him to present his defence. But at Monday’s sitting, lead counsel J.B. Daudu, SAN, requested a three-week adjournment, citing the hospitalisation of a team member, Chenelu Ogbozor, as well as a pending appeal challenging the court’s July ruling.

EFCC lawyer A.O. Atolagbe opposed the request, arguing that the defence had more than two months during the court’s annual recess to prepare.

“This matter has lingered for a decade,” Atolagbe told the court, urging it not to wait for the Court of Appeal unless a specific directive was issued.

Justice Lifu expressed frustration over the prolonged proceedings.

“This case has been on for 10 years. No matter what, a matter should not drag this long,” he said, recounting difficulties locating the scattered case file earlier in the day.

The judge adjourned the trial until October 10, 2025, directing Suswan to open his defence on that date.

News

“It Was Sweet Blue Candy” – Hon Doguwa debunked rumour he’s a drvg add!ct

Published

on

 

He said, “The claim that I was taking drvgs or p;lls is nothing but the work of the d£vil and my political en3mies. What was actually in my mouth was just sweet blue candy.”

Hon. Alhassan Ado Doguwa is a Member of the House of Representatives representing the Tudun Wada/Doguwa Federal Constituency in Kano State under the All Progressives Congress (APC)..

What do you think???

Continue Reading

News

ALAOJI PLANT RETURNS TO NATIONAL GRID

Published

on

Alaoji Plant Returns To National Grid

 

The Niger Delta Power Holding Company has restored the 450-megawatt Alaoji Open Cycle Power Plant in Abia State after it remained shut for three years.

The facility had stopped operations due to gas supply problems, debt issues and disagreements over metering.

The company said the return of the plant is expected to improve electricity supply and strengthen power generation in the country.

The shutdown had affected output from the national grid for more than 36 months.


Officials explained that efforts were made to resolve the long-running disputes and stabilise gas supply before restarting operations at the plant.

The restoration is also expected to support businesses and industries relying on stable electricity.


The Alaoji facility is one of the major power plants in the country and plays a role in boosting energy distribution across several regions.

Its return comes as authorities continue pushing for better electricity generation nationwide.

Continue Reading

News

𝗛𝗢𝗡. 𝗧𝗢𝗦𝗞𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗡𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦, 𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗜𝗛𝗜𝗔𝗚𝗪𝗔, 𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗕𝗜𝗘𝗭𝗘𝗡𝗔, 𝗘𝗭𝗜𝗢𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗢, 𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗔𝗕𝗜𝗔𝗠, 𝗢𝗞𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗛𝗜, 𝗨𝗠𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗠𝗔, 𝗔𝗩𝗨 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦: 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗜𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

Published

on

 

Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere(TOSKA), Member Representing Owerri Federal Constituency, has strongly condemned the incessant gruesome killings, kidnappings, rapes and violent attacks carried out by unscrupulous and criminal elements terrorizing communities within Owerri Federal Constituency, especially in Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emeabiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other neighbouring communities.

The recent killings of vigilante operatives and innocent constituents at Umuguma and Ihiagwa call for urgent and deterrent response by our security agencies.

In a passionate motion raised before the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Okere called on the Federal Government of Nigeria and relevant security agencies to immediately deploy adequate security personnel to the affected communities and take decisive actions against the worsening insecurity threatening the lives and properties of his people.

According to him, the continuous attacks on harmless villagers, farmers, women and youths can no longer be tolerated under any guise.

“I urge the Federal Government of Nigeria to urgently look into this motion and act swiftly before more innocent lives are lost. Our people deserve to live and to live in peace without fear of being kidnapped, raped or butchered in their own communities,” Hon. TOSKA stressed.

The lawmaker further emphasized that the people of Owerri Federal Constituency will not fold their arms and watch criminals continue to unleash terror across Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emebiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other communities while families continue to mourn their loved ones daily.

This courageous move by Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere has continued to attract commendations from constituents who describe his intervention as timely, bold and people-oriented.

Hon. Okere is the light and the voice of Owerri Federal Constituency.
May God keep him to keep standing for us and for our interest.

 

Continue Reading

Trending