Connect with us

Trending

Two Nollywood crew members found dead inside car in Lagos movie set

Published

on

Lagos State Police Command has launched an investigation into the death of two members of a Nollywood film production crew who were found dead inside a parked vehicle at a movie set in the Lekki area of Lagos State.

The deceased were identified as lighting director Ekemini “GeeTee” Imeh and his colleague, Ayodeji Walter Odediran.

They were discovered unresponsive on Saturday, February 7, within the premises of Evercare Hospital, which was reportedly being used as a filming location.

A police source, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to lack of authorisation to brief the media, said the two men arrived early at the location to install lighting equipment for the production.

After completing their assignment, they reportedly entered a Nissan vehicle parked on the premises to rest while awaiting further filming activities. Concern was raised later in the day when repeated attempts to reach them by phone proved unsuccessful.

According to the source, the production was said to be directed by former Big Brother Naija housemate Boma Akpore.

“At about 11 a.m., a member of the production crew reportedly brought breakfast to them in the vehicle. The air conditioner was on, and both men appeared fine at the time,” the source said.

“However, as filming continued, calls to their phones went unanswered. It was after production wrapped up around 8 p.m. that they were found lifeless inside the vehicle,” he added.

The source said that preliminary observations showed signs of distress, including foaming at the mouth, while one of the victims reportedly had bloodstains around the nose and lips.

Another police source confirmed that the matter was promptly reported at the Maroko Police Station, adding that closed-circuit television footage from the premises was being reviewed. The bodies were subsequently deposited at a morgue pending further forensic examinations.

Until his death, Imeh was the chief executive officer of a lighting company and was widely recognized in the Nigerian film industry for his work on major productions, including King of Boys, as well as music videos for top artistes such as Davido.

Confirming the incident, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Adebisi, said the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department at Panti, Yaba, for detailed investigation.

She added that autopsy and toxicology tests were being conducted to determine the exact cause of death.

Ekwutosblog reports that the development comes just days after a gospel musician, Matthew Ogundele, popularly known as Segun Praise, and three members of his crew were found dead inside a music studio in the Abraham Adesanya area of Ajah, Lagos State.

Trending

NDLEA: Drug lord serving five-year jail term in Ikoyi prison attempts to export cocaine to UK

Published

on

 

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has foiled an attempt by a convicted drug kingpin, Olashupo Michael Oladimeji to export 1.10 kilograms of cocaine to London, United Kingdom.

The spokesperson of the agency, Femi Babafemi, who disclosed this in a statement on Sunday, February 15, 2026, said Oladimeji is currently serving a five-year jail term at the Ikoyi Correctional Centre, Lagos.

According to the statement, NDLEA officers at the export shed of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Ikeja, Lagos, intercepted the consignment of compressed block of cocaine, hidden in a sack of Garri.

A staff of the convict’s logistics company, Adedeji Yusuf Gbolahan who presented the consignment for export was promptly arrested.

“Attempt by a convicted drug kingpin Olashupo Michael Oladimeji to export 1.10 kilograms of cocaine concealed in processed cassava granules, popularly known as Garri to London, United Kingdom, on a Virgin Atlantic flight, has been thwarted by NDLEA operatives at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Ikeja Lagos,” the statement read.

“Olashupo is presently serving a five-year jail term at the Ikoyi Correctional Centre, Lagos, after NDLEA arrested him in 2025 in connection with a case of unlawful conspiracy to export 17.90kg cocaine, and was successfully prosecuted, convicted and sentenced in charge number FHC/L/925C/2025, by a Federal High Court in Lagos.

“Not ready to give up on his criminal enterprise, the convict who is the Chief Executive Officer of Dimeji Express Logistics, located at 20 Omilade Street, Mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos, initiated the latest scheme from behind the prison wall to export the 1.10kg cocaine, using his company.

 

Continue Reading

Trending

China-based businessman, 2 Angolans excrete 236 cocaine wraps at Nigerian airports

Published

on

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, has arrested a China-based Nigerian businessman, Ibeanu Vincent Chukwudulue, and two Angolan citizens: Mbandu Martins Makiadi and Ngoma Wilson Fernando.

The NDLEA disclosed that the suspects excreted a total of 236 wraps of cocaine following the arrests at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja and Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano, respectively.

This was announced in a statement on Sunday by Femi Babafemi, Director, Media & Advocacy, NDLEA Headquarters, Abuja.

Babafemi stated that Ibeanu was arrested on Wednesday while on board a Qatar Airways flight 1432, from Kano to China enroute Abuja/Doha.

Acting on credible intelligence, NDLEA operatives at the Abuja airport demanded that the suspect be deboarded following which he was taken for body scan, with the result confirming that the suspect ingested illicit drug.

Babafemi said that the suspect was thereafter placed under observation during which he excreted a total of 52 pellets of cocaine that weighed 735.95 grams. In his statement, Ibeanu said he was into business on Lagos Island before relocating to Guanzhou, China in 2024.

He further explained that the duo of Mbandu Martins Makiadi, 50, and Ngoma Wilson Fernando, 52, both Angolans were intercepted on Wednesday at the screening point of the departure hall of Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano during the outward clearance of passengers going to Istanbul, Turkey via Addis Ababa on Ethiopian Airlines flight ET940.

“When they were taken for body scan, they tested positive for ingesting illicit drug. As a result, they were kept under observation for possible excretion. While Mbandu excreted a total of 76 wraps weighing 920 grams in seven excretions, Ngoma expelled 108 pellets that weighed 1.33 kilograms in five excretions.

“During interview, the suspects who hail from Hoji Ya Henda in Luanda, the capital of Angola claimed they were recruited by a Luanda-based automobile spare parts dealer who promised to pay them $3000 each upon successful delivery of the consignments in Turkey,” Babafemi said.

Attempt by a convicted drug kingpin Olashupo Michael Oladimeji to export 1.10 kilograms of cocaine concealed in processed cassava granules, popularly known as Garri to London, United Kingdom, on a Virgin Atlantic flight, has been thwarted by NDLEA operatives at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA, Ikeja Lagos.

Olashupo is presently serving a five-year jail term at the Ikoyi Correctional Centre, Lagos, after NDLEA arrested him in 2025 in connection with a case of unlawful conspiracy to export 17.90kg cocaine, and was successfully prosecuted, convicted and sentenced in charge number FHC/L/925C/2025, by a Federal High Court in Lagos.

Not ready to give up on his criminal enterprise, the convict who is the Chief Executive Officer of Dimeji Express Logistics, located at 20 Omilade Street, Mafoluku, Oshodi, Lagos, initiated the latest scheme from behind the prison wall to export the 1.10kg cocaine, using his company.

His lid was however uncovered on Thursday 12th February when NDLEA officers at the export shed of the Lagos airport intercepted a consignment of compressed block of cocaine, hidden in a sack of Garri which was further packed inside a carton.

A staff of Dimeji Express Logistics, Adedeji Yusuf Gbolahan, who presented the consignment for export was promptly arrested. Investigations revealed that Olashupo Michael Oladimeji, initiated the trafficking scheme from prison and directed Yusuf to pick the consignment at a location in Oshodi.

A similar attempt by a 44-year-old estate surveyor Adelaja Taiwo Adetayo to export 1.70 kilograms of skunk concealed in five jerry cans to the UK, was equally frustrated by NDLEA operatives at the export shed of the Lagos airport.

The cargo agent Mustapha Quddus Opeyemi who presented the consignment for export was initially arrested while a follow up operation led to the arrest of Adelaja at Ahmadiyya area of Lagos on Monday 9th February.

In Abuja, NDLEA operatives on Thursday 12th February intercepted a waybill package sent from Enugu containing children’s toy guitar.

A search of the guitar revealed that it was used to conceal two parcels of Canadian Loud, a strain of Cannabis, weighing 59.2grams. A follow-up operation led to the arrest of the owner of the consignment Henry Onuma at Dream City Estate, Life Camp.

In Lagos, NDLEA officers on Friday 13th February raided a 4-bedroom duplex at 2 Alexandria Terrace, Ikate-Elegushi, Lekki, used for the production and storage of Colorado, a synthetic cannabis.

The raid followed the seizure of 73 cartons of nitrous oxide at Iyare Motor Park, Ajah–Epe expressway, a consignment intended for Benin City, Edo State. The driver of the vehicle moving the shipment, Amos Innocent was arrested while Victor Oyedeji was nabbed at the Lekki home where 13.2 kilograms of freshly produced Colos were recovered in addition to precursor chemicals.

A notorious female drug dealer in Ibadan, Oyo State, Oluwayemisi Bunmi, 45, was on Wednesday 11th February arrested at her enclave in Hope Alakia area of the state capital. Recovered from her include: 1.189kg Colos, skunk; 320grams of methamphetamine; monetary exhibit of ₦2,975,000 and two cars: a Navy blue Toyota Matrix car marked JJJ 629 FQ and a Sky blue Toyota Matrix car with registration number LND 602 AQ.

No fewer than 105,400 pills of tramadol were recovered from a suspect, Kamilu Abdullahi, 43, when his J5 vehicle marked DTM-765XA, was intercepted by NDLEA operatives at Bode Saadu area of Kwara state on Thursday 12th February.

In Edo State, five suspects: Murtala Mohammed, 37; Abdulkadir Idris Mohammed, 29; Ufoma Edafe, 40; Anthony Aghati, 46; and Emmanuel Owalu Ekele, 39, were arrested on Saturday 14th February when NDLEA operatives raided the Yoruba Camp, Olumoye Forest, in Ovia North East LGA, where 563.5 kilograms of skunk were recovered.

While commending the officers and men of the MAKIA, MMIA, NAIA, Lagos, Edo, Kwara, FCT, and Oyo Commands for the arrests, seizures and their professionalism, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (Rtd) enjoined them and their colleagues across the country to continue the current balanced approach to their drug supply reduction and drug demand reduction efforts.

Continue Reading

Trending

IMO POLICE SACK THREE OFFICERS OVER ALLEGED ROBBERY AND KIDNAPPING IN OWERRI

Published

on

 

By Prince Uwalaka Chimaroke
14–FEB–2026

The Imo State Police Command has dismissed three of its personnel following allegations of involvement in armed robbery, kidnapping, and vehicle theft within Owerri, the state capital. The decisive action underscores the Command’s stance on discipline and internal accountability.

The affected officers—Sgt. Ekwueme Gift, Sgt. Eto Ikechukwu, and Cpl. Divine Ogwuaru—were subjected to an orderly room trial after investigations into their conduct. Upon conclusion of the proceedings, they were found culpable and subsequently dismissed from the Nigeria Police Force. A civilian accomplice, identified as Elias Chukwu, who allegedly acted as their driver during the operation, has also been formally charged.

According to police sources, the suspects reportedly carried out an attack on February 8, 2026, along Mbaise Road in Owerri, where victims were dispossessed of valuables at gunpoint and a vehicle was forcefully taken. The stolen car was later tracked to the Owerri–Onitsha Road axis, where the suspects were apprehended while allegedly attempting to sell or abandon it.

Further findings revealed that the officers were not on authorized duty at the time of the incident and had allegedly posed as operatives of the Tiger Base Unit in an attempt to legitimize their actions. Authorities stated that their conduct contravened provisions of the Nigeria Police Act and established service regulations.

The Commissioner of Police, CP Audu Garba Bosso, ordered the immediate prosecution of the dismissed officers and reaffirmed the Command’s zero-tolerance policy toward corruption, abuse of office, and criminal misconduct within its ranks. He emphasized that discipline and professionalism remain non-negotiable pillars of policing in the state.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Henry Okoye, reiterated that the dismissal reflects the Command’s commitment to transparency and institutional integrity. He encouraged members of the public to report any instance of police misconduct through the Complaint Response Unit Desk line, assuring that all reports would be handled with strict confidentiality.

The development sends a strong message that accountability applies uniformly, regardless of rank, as the Imo State Police Command intensifies efforts to restore public trust and uphold the rule of law.

 

Continue Reading

Trending