Connect with us

Trending

California women’s prison dubbed ‘ The Rape Club’ is raided by FBI after 100 lawsuits reveal inmates were forced to pose naked and have s3x on video

Published

on

A California prison dubbed ‘The Rape Club’ has been raided by the FBI after multiple inmates were allegedly forced to pose naked and have sex on video

 

The operation, which saw FBI agents haul boxes of evidence from the Dublin facility Monday, follows an investigation that put an ex-warden and others behind bars.

They were found guilty of sexually abusing inmates at FCI Dublin, a low-security federal prison for women only.

The raid comes as several women have come forward in suits against guards and staff, a number that has now reached at least 63. However, that figure is now expected to surpass 100, attorneys said Tuesday – as ex-inmates continue to claim they were forced by staff to pose naked and have sex on video.

FBI spokesperson Cameron Polan confirmed that agents were there conducting ‘court-authorized law enforcement activity,’ as more than a dozen FBI agents were seen seizing computers, documents, and other evidence by an anonymous source who spoke to the Associated Press.

The insider added how the federal agents also attempted to interview employees, but like Polan, did not provide any other details.

A Bureau of Prisons spokesperson further confirmed that Deputy Regional Director N.T. McKinney will now serve as the prison’s interim warden, following the ouster of former overseer Art Dulgov.

He was removed as warden Monday, after holding the position for just three months.

His predecessor, Ray Garcia, and the facility’s chaplain were indicted on sexual assault charges against inmates in 2021, before being found guilty this past year.

He is currently serving a 70-month prison term, as his replacement now faces allegations that his staff retaliated against an inmate who testified against the prison in January as part of the case.

McKinney will replace Dulgov on an interim basis effective immediately, prison brass said – revealing that an associate warden and prison captain working under Dulgov were also removed from their positions.

Also pulled was an executive assistant who oversaw the prison’s minimum-security satellite camp, government lawyers said, after Monday’s search came to a close.

Monday’s search, moreover, marks a new twist in the saga – coming days after a new wave of civil lawsuits alleged more incidents of abuse and retaliation.

It also comes as a federal judge is said to be considering appointing a special master to oversee the prison’s operations, as the claims continue to pile up.

As mentioned, Dulgov and staff are accused of retaliating against one specific inmate who testified in January, after alleging that instances of ‘horrific abuse and exploitation’ were occurring at the NorCal prison,
Some of the assaults were even caught on camera, inmates said – claiming in the class action that staffers forced them to pose naked and have sex whilst being filmed.

The inmate in question has since been transferred to a different facility, filings in the case show – a decision that comes despite a judge’s order not to transfer any witnesses without court approval.

 

Meanwhile, a total of at least eight FCI Dublin staffers have been charged with sexually abusing inmates, with seven found guilty.

 

Five pleaded guilty for a deal to get less prison time, while two – including Garcia – were convicted at trial. Another case, as of writing, is still pending, as Dulgov remains uncharged.

He was put in charge of the prison late last year after ex-warden Thahesha Jusino’s retirement.

Trending

Bandits behind Ogbomoso school abduction will face full wrath of the law- President Tinubu

Published

on

 

President Bola Tinubu has condemned the reported “barbaric” killing of one of the abducted teachers from the Esiele community in Ogbomoso, Oyo state.

In a statement released issued by his media aide, Bayo Onanuga, on Monday, May 18, President Tinubu said the teacher was k!lled when “rescue operation is underway.”

While conveying his sympathy the government and people of the state, President Tinubu assured that security operatives are “working around the clock” to rescue the victims and arrest the bandits as well as their collaborators within the community.

He further assured that the federal government would collaborate with the state government to rescue the victims.

‘’”I am saddened by the reported killing of one of the teachers kidnapped by the gunmen who invaded the community. I sympathise with Governor Seyi Makinde and commend the steps he has taken on the matter. I sympathise with the families of the kidnapped victims.

The Federal Government is working with the Oyo State government to rescue all the victims. I commend the Inspector-General of Police and the Commissioners of Police in Oyo and Kwara States for their quick intervention and the deployment of a tactical and the Intelligence Response Team (IRT) team to rescue the victims.

The IGP, following my instructions, is personally leading the tech-driven operation. We expect a breakthrough soon. The bandits and all their local collaborators will be fished out and made to face the full wrath of the law.

Cases of kidnapping further make imperative the establishment of state police to man some of our underserved areas. The National Assembly should accelerate the enactment of the law creating state police” the President said

Continue Reading

Trending

OLD WINE IN A NEW BOTTLE: RULAAC CONDEMNS COSMETIC DISBANDMENT OF TIGER BASE IN IMO STATE

Published

on

 

May 14, 2026

The Rule of Law and Accountability Advocacy Centre (RULAAC) expresses deep concern over the decision by the Nigeria Police Force to disband the notorious “Tiger Base” in Owerri, Imo State, only to inaugurate another tactical police unit operating from the same facility, under substantially the same command structure and reportedly with many of the same operatives.

This development raises serious questions about the sincerity of ongoing police reform efforts in Nigeria and reinforces fears that what is being presented as reform may merely be a cosmetic rebranding exercise designed to deflect public criticism without addressing the underlying culture of abuse and impunity.

Tiger Base became widely associated with allegations of torture, enforced disappearances, arbitrary detention, extortion, and extrajudicial killings. Over the years, victims, families, lawyers, journalists, and civil society organizations documented disturbing patterns of abuse linked to the operations of the unit.
Ordinarily, the disbandment of such a notorious tactical outfit should have marked an opportunity for genuine institutional reform. It should have included:
– Independent investigation into allegations of abuse;
– Accountability for officers implicated in violations;
– Justice and reparations for victims;
– Structural reforms and strengthened oversight;
– Human rights-centered retraining and professionalization.

Instead, the establishment of another tactical formation under substantially similar conditions suggests continuity rather than reform.

RULAAC is particularly concerned that retaining personnel or leadership figures associated with serious allegations of abuse sends a dangerous message that misconduct within the policing system carries no real consequences. This undermines public trust, weakens accountability, and emboldens further violations.

The situation also raises broader concerns regarding political interference in policing. Tactical police units must never become instruments for political intimidation, repression, or the advancement of partisan interests. Professional policing requires operational independence, transparency, accountability, and strict adherence to constitutional and legal standards.

The controversy inevitably recalls the aftermath of the #EndSARS protests, when the disbandment of SARS was quickly followed by the creation of SWAT, generating widespread fears that abusive policing structures were merely being renamed rather than fundamentally transformed.

RULAAC reiterates that genuine police reform cannot be achieved through changes in nomenclature alone. Meaningful reform requires accountability, transparency, civilian oversight, institutional culture change, and justice for victims.

Accordingly, RULAAC calls for the following urgent measures:
1. A transparent and independent investigation into allegations against Tiger Base operatives and leadership;
2. Prosecution and disciplinary action against officers implicated in torture, unlawful killings, and other abuses;
3. Justice, compensation, and support for victims and affected families;
4. Strengthened civilian oversight involving the National Human Rights Commission, judicial institutions, and civil society organizations;
5. Clear operational guidelines and publicly accountable rules of engagement for tactical police units;
6. Measures to insulate policing from political interference and abuse.

The people of Imo State and Nigerians generally deserve a policing system founded on professionalism, legality, accountability, and respect for human rights – not the recycling of abusive structures under new labels.

Signed:
Okechukwu Nwanguma
Executive Director
Rule of Law and Accountability Advocacy Centre (RULAAC)

Continue Reading

Trending

Chaos As Military Officers Exchange Blows During Tinubu’s Visit To Bayelsa (Videos)

Published

on

Personnel of the Nigerian military were seen engaging in a fight during the visit of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to Bayelsa on Friday.

In a video spotted on social media, the driver of a Hilux vehicle marked “Naval Police” was seen stepping down from his vehicle and exchanging words with another driver.

After returning to his vehicle, another driver with a rifle approached him and threw a punch at the Naval Police driver, triggering a brawl.

The incident quickly escalated into a free-for-all, with personnel attached to both vehicles exchanging blows, while stunned civilians watched in disbelief.

The cause of the altercation could not be immediately ascertained as of press time.

Continue Reading

Trending