Politics
Elon Musk’s army of college-aged engineers to dismantle govt waste
- Welcome to MAGAland podcast: Trump’s tariffs, Elon’s USAID takeover – and how aviation safety hangs in the balance. Listen here
Six college-aged men with little to no government experience have been handpicked by Elon Muskto help him dismantle America’s foreign aidagency.
The billionaire Tesla founder was appointed head of the Department of Government Efficiency after months of loyalty to President Donald Trumpduring his election campaign.
Now, he’s enlisted a troupe of men aged 19-25 – three of whom are believed to still be in college – to fill high-powered engineering roles and help him cut costs.
At just 19, Edward Coristine is the youngest of the fresh-faced bunch taking on corporate America and longstanding government institutions.
According to WIRED, he’s been dubbed an ‘expert’ in his field, and specifics about his role aren’t yet clear.
Akash Bobba, 21, Ethan Shaotran, 22, and Luke Farritor, 23, along with Coristine, have reportedly been granted A-suite level clearance for their work, meaning they can work out of the agency’s top floor with access to all physical spaces and IT systems.
Musk’s DOGE has been rapidly growing in power and expanding its remit, most recently securing clearance to access to restricted parts of the General Services Administration buildings and IT systems.
These systems store sensitive data including social security numbers, addresses and contact information.
The oldest of the bunch is 25-year-old Berkeley graduate Gavin Kliger, who while not identified as having top level clearance has already proven he wields significant power.
Finally, Gautier Cole Killian has been named for his role with DOGE, which is reportedly on a ‘volunteer’ basis at this stage.
Of the appointments and the widespread criticism about the men’s youth, Musk said: ‘Time to confess: Media reports saying that DOGE has some of world’s best software engineers are in fact true.’
Gavin Kliger, 25
Kliger was named by the New York Times as the account holder behind a controversial company-wide email sent to employees at USAid.
The Berkeley graduate reportedly instructed all employees at the agency not to return to Washington headquarters on Monday.
Meanwhile, up to 600 staff began reporting they were being locked out of their work computer systems.
The reports were similar to those experienced by Twitter employees during Musk’s takeover and the transition to X.
Kliger has since published a Substack article – which subscribers can read for $12 per month – titled: ‘Why DOGE. Why I gave up a seven-figure salary to save America.’
Matt Hopson, who Trump appointed as the new chief of staff at USAid, reportedly resigned after the incident. Trump has ordered a sweeping freeze on foreign assistance.
Trump said the department had been ‘run by a bunch of radical lunatics’, insisting he is simply ‘getting them out, and then we’ll make a decision.’
The agency spends about $70billion a year in foreign aid. Projects include HIV/Aids treatments and encouraging women’s health in conflict zones.

The Berkeley graduate reportedly instructed all employees at the agency not to return to Washington headquarters on Monday
Luke Farritor, 23
Luke Farritor has a known link to Musk already, having interned for SpaceX prior to landing his new gig.
Farritor, dropped out of the University of Nebraska in order to begin working for Nat Friedman, the Silicon Valley entrepeneur behind GitHub.
Friedman described Farritor as ‘a national treasure’ after his appointment with DOGE was made public.
He won part of a $700,000 prize in 2024 after using AI technology to help decipher a 2,000 year old document – part of the Vesuvius scrolls from Pompeii – which scientists had been trying, and failing, to solve for centuries.
The charred scroll was believed burnt beyond recognition.

Luke Farritor has a known link to Musk already, having interned for SpaceX prior to landing his new gig
Edward Coristine, 19
The youngest of Musk’s elite squad is just 19 and a student at Northeastern University in Boston.
Coristine reportedly interned at Musk’s Neuralink for three months last summer, after graduating high school.
Little is known about Coristine’s role at DOGE, however he is listed as an ‘expert.’
WIRED cited sources alleging Coristine has been conducting calls with staff in the department and making them ‘go over code they had written and justify their jobs.’
Employees were allegedly confused by his inclusion in the meetings, and later expressed concerns that they were not properly briefed on his identity or role, even during the call.
Coristine’s father, Charles, is the CEO of popcorn empire, LesserEvil. Coristine once worked as a team member for the brand.
Up until recently, Coristine reportedly used a social media handle named ‘@EdwardBigBaller.’

The youngest of Musk’s elite squad is just 19 and a student at Northeastern University in Boston
Akash Bobba, 21
Bobba is another ‘expert’ within the department still studying at the University of California, Berkeley.
According to a former LinkedIn account, which has since been deleted, Bobba was an investment engineering intern at a hedgefund.
He had also previously interned for Meta and Palantir – who was founded by 2016 MAGA donor, Peter Thiel.
Just six years ago, Bobba was the organizer behind the Princeton Junction, New Jersey, local model United Nations. His father is an academic in computer science.

Bobba is another ‘expert’ within the department still studying at the University of California, Berkeley
Ethan Shaotran, 22
Shaortran founded Energize AI – a scheduling assistant for professionals. The startup earned a $100,000 grant from OpenAI in 2023.
The 22-year-old said in September he was a senior at Harvard University, and was reportedly working in the school’s computing lab on autonomous vehicles.
Musk is famously trying to develop self-driving cars at his Tesla headquarters.
Shaortran is part of the Harvard Mountaineering Club and worked as a scuba divemaster in Hawaii over a gap year.
He also has a unique link to Musk, having participated in his xAI ‘hackathon’. He and his team were runner ups after they used xAI’s Grok to create plausible responses from X followers to a hypothetical question.

Shaortran founded Energize AI – a scheduling assistant for professionals. The startup earned a $100,000 grant from OpenAI in 2023
Gautier Cole Killian, 24
Killian was working as an engineer at Jump Trading, which specializes in high-frequency financial trades and algorithms.
Now, he is reportedly working as a ‘volunteer’ with DOGE, although in what capacity remains unclear.
The 24-year-old graduated McGill University.

Killian was working as an engineer at Jump Trading, which specializes in high-frequency financial trades and algorithms
Musk’s DOGE boasts sweeping power
Musk is leading an extraordinary civilian review of the federal government with Trump’s agreement.
‘It became apparent that it’s not an apple with a worm it in,’ Musk said in a live session on X Spaces early Monday.
‘What we have is just a ball of worms. You’ve got to basically get rid of the whole thing. It’s beyond repair.’
Musk recently hinted he was also the mastermind behind Trump‘s decision to purge federal employees by posting a symbolic picture on X harkening back to his infamous Twitter cleanse.
At the time, he sent a letter to staff titled: ‘A Fork in the Road.’ The same title was used in Trump’s recent email proposing generous lay-off packages
Musk later shared on X that he commissioned an artwork of an enormous fork standing in the road, indicating it was all connected.
Musk does not hold elected office, but on Monday was formally appointed a ‘special government employee” by the White House.
Politics
2027: More Than 50 Lawmakers Lose APC Reps Tickets in Major Primary Election
No fewer than 50 members of the 10th House of Representatives are unlikely to be part of the 11th Assembly after losing out in the All Progressive Congress (APC) primaries held on Saturday.
This marks one of the largest turnovers of sitting federal lawmakers since 2015 and signals intensifying internal competition within the ruling party eight months to the 2027 general elections.
While House Speaker Tajudeen Abbas (Kano) and Deputy Speaker Benjamin Kalu (Abia) successfully defended their tickets, several ranking and long-serving lawmakers were defeated, exposing strong anti-incumbent sentiment and the decisive role of state governors in candidate selection.
Major casualties
One of the biggest upsets was the defeat of House Majority Leader Julius Ihonvbere in Edo State’s Owan Federal Constituency. He polled 1,005 votes out of 7,587 cast, finishing third behind Andrew Ijegbia, who scored 3,695 votes. Abdul Oroh placed second with 1,740 votes.
In Delta State, veteran lawmaker Nicholas Mutu, who has represented Bomadi/Patani Federal Constituency since 1999, lost his re-election bid. Ngozi Okolie also lost the Aniocha/Oshimili ticket to former House Minority Leader Ndudi Elumelu.
Cross River State recorded one of the highest casualty rates, with five of eight incumbents failing to secure re-nomination.
They include three-term member Mike Etaba (Obubra/Etung), Godwin Offiono (Ogoja/Yala), Emil Inyang (Akamkpa/Biase), and Bassey Akiba (Odukpani/Calabar Municipality).
Only Peter Akpanke, Joseph Bassey, and Victor Abang won return tickets.
In Plateau State, conflicting results in Pankshin/Kanke/Kanam Federal Constituency triggered early confusion. One returning officer declared challenger John Tongshinen winner with 29,968 votes against incumbent Yusuf Gagdi’s 5,849.
The APC Plateau State primaries committee, chaired by Stella Okotete, later dismissed that declaration as unauthorised and affirmed Mr Gagdi as the authentic winner with 29,207 votes.
At a press briefing, Mrs Okotete stated that Nandom Kura was the recognised returning officer. “The returning officer approved by my committee that has gone to do fake declaration is null and void,” she said.
Other significant losses occurred in Ogun State (at least five incumbents, including Deputy Chief Whip Ibrahim Isiaka and Tunji Akinosi) and Ekiti State (three sitting members).
Politics
PDP to screen Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday as its sole Presidential aspirant For 2027 race
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), led by Tanimu Turaki, SAN, has scheduled to screen former president Goodluck Jonathan tomorrow, Tuesday, aMay 19, as the lone presidential candidate of party.
According to a statement from the PDP faction backed by the Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, Former Vice-President Namadi Sambo, former governor of Plateau State, Jona Jang and a former Minister of Foreign Affairs, Tom Ikimi have been listed among a committee of 14 members to screen Jonathan described as a lone candidate by the party.
Other members of the committee were Chief Olabode George, Babangida Aliyu, Maryam ciroma, Zainab Maina, Josephine Anenin, Dr. Abdul Bulama, Dr. Esther Uduehi, Edo State PDP chairman, Tony Aziegbemi, Dr. Sunday Solarium and Chief Anicho Okoro, who would serve as administrative secretary of the committee.
Last week, the national Publicity Secretary of the faction, Ini Ememobong, disclosed that former president Jonathan has successfully registered as a member of the party in the fresh digital registration exercise directed by INEC.
The PDP faction also announced that it was set to screen 748 house of representatives aspirants, 198 senatorial aspirants, and 112 governorship aspirants.
The screening committee would screen 2122 states houses of assembly aspirants. The exercise will commence tomorrow, Tuesday in different states.
According to the statement, the screening exercise would take place nationwide on Tuesday, May 19, 2026, at 10:00 a.m.
The statement said the Interim National Working Committee (iNWC) has also released the names of members to serve on the Screening Committees and Screening Appeal Panels.
It added that the publication of the screening details “is in accordance with the party’s guidelines and timetable for the conduct of the 2027 general elections.”
Politics
Oshiomhole wins Edo APC senatorial primaries unopposed
A former governor and incumbent Senator, Adams Oshiomhole, along with his counterpart Senator Joe Ikpea, sailed through the All Progressives Congress senatorial primary in Edo unopposed, and securing their tickets without a single vote cast against them.
Also Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama emerged the winner in the APC primary for the Edo South senatorial district.
Ogbeide-Ihama won in the seven local government areas of Edo South in the results announced by the Chairman of APC National Assembly Primary Election, Muhammed Ajana at the Urokpota Hall, Benin.
He polled 27,154 votes while his opponents, Senator Neda Imasuen, got 13,580, and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu got 6785.
The elections were hitch-free in Edo North and Edo Central, where there was no contest against the incumbents, Senators Oshiomhole of Edo North and Ikpea of Edo Central, respectively.
Ajana at the Urokpota Hall said the collation arose from votes cast in the seven local government areas made up of 77 wards where elections were conducted by members of the committee.
He said, “There are seven local governments that make up the Edo South Senatorial District. We have heard from the Returning officers from the seven local government areas. From the collation, the cumulative result we have for Edo South Senatorial District is this; Ogbeide-Ihama with 27,154 votes, Imasuen with 13,580 votes and Ize-Iyamu with 6, 785.
“This is the total reflection of what has transpired from the ward level to the local government and the Edo South senatorial district collation centre. With this we await further directives from the National Secretariat, we have done our best by collating the results which is our mandate, to collate the results and send them to the National Secretariat.”
However, it was gathered that Ize-Iyamu emerged as the APC candidate for Edo South Senatorial race. He claimed to have clinched the party’s ticket after defeating Ogbeide-Ihama and Imasuen.
It was claimed that the Chief Returning Officer, Abubakar Muhammad Kabiru, officially declared Ize-Iyamu the winner after securing the highest number of votes cast.
On his part, the senator representing the district condemned the exercise describing it as a sham allegedly designed to favour a preferred aspirant.
Imasuen spoke while reacting to events at his polling unit in Umagbae North Ward 5, Urhokuosa where he said he was denied the opportunity to vote following what he described as a chaotic and manipulated process.
The lawmaker accused leaders of the party of openly adopting a preferred candidate ahead of the exercise and intimidating members into supporting that aspirant.
He said, “There is nothing satisfactory about this sham of election they did today and it is very unfortunate because as a loyal party member, I expected something better than this.”
He said the warning signs emerged days before the primary when some ward chairmen allegedly informed him that they had been directed not to receive him during consultations.
Imasuen claimed that some ward leaders openly told him the party had already adopted a preferred aspirant, identified as Hon. Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama, making further consultations unnecessary.
-
Business2 years ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
-
Trending2 years agoNYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
-
Politics2 years agoMexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
-
Politics2 years agoPutin invites 20 world leaders
-
Politics2 years agoRussia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
-
Education2 years ago
GOVERNOR FUBARA APPOINTS COUNCIL MEMBERS FOR KEN SARO-WIWA POLYTECHNIC BORI
