Connect with us

News

Enugu police command confirms arrested and arraignment of married woman who accused husband of defiling their daughters and coaching their children to make the false claim

Published

on

 

The Enugu State Police Command, has confirmed the arraignment of a married woman who falsely accused her husband of def!ling their two daughters.

A statement released today November 13 by the command’s spokesperson, SP Daniel Ndukwe, says on 25th November 2025, the command received a complaint from Okonkwo Chisom (female, aged 29), lodged at the Command’s Emene Police Division, alleging that her husband, Okonkwo Ozioma, had been defiling their two daughters, aged 5 and 3 years, and threatening to k!ll her if she disclosed it. However, following the husband’s arrest and a diligent investigation, the allegations were found to be false and misleading.

‘’Investigations revealed that, contrary to her claims, the periods in 2024 and 2025 during which Chisom alleged the offences occurred were the same times she had travelled alone with all the children to their hometown in Imo State. It further showed that, in two separate handwritten voluntary statements, their 7-year-old son exonerated his father and disclosed that their mother had coached him and his sisters to falsely accuse their father — a fact supported by video evidence. Additionally, she attempted to withdraw the case and stop further police investigation upon realizing that the truth was emerging and the case would turn against her.’’

Ndukwe said consequently, having failed to prove her allegations beyond reasonable doubt, Chisom Okonkwo was found to have def@med her husband and provided false and misleading information to the Police. She was thereafter arraigned before the Magistrate Court of Enugu State on a two-count charge of defamation and giving false information. She was granted bail by the court, and the case was adjourned for further hearing.

News

Court dismisses suit seeking to uphold Kingibe’s suspension, fines plaintiffs and counsel N20m

Published

on

 

Court dismisses suit seeking to uphold Kingibe’s suspension, fines plaintiffs and counsel N20m

The Federal High Court in Abuja has struck out a suit filed to validate the indefinite suspension of Senator Ireti Kingibe by the Wuse Ward chapter of the African Democratic Congress (ADC).

Delivering judgment on Friday, Justice Peter Lifu held that disciplinary matters within political parties are internal affairs that do not require judicial intervention.

The judge questioned why party officials who initiated the suspension sought a court order to affirm their own decision, stating that any legal challenge should ordinarily come from the suspended member if dissatisfied with the process.

According to the court, the plaintiffs’ attempt to obtain judicial endorsement for the suspension reflected a lack of confidence in their own action.

Justice Lifu described the suit as “frivolous, baseless and unfounded.”

Relying on Sections 82 and 83 of the Electoral Act, the court awarded N10 million costs against the plaintiffs in favour of Kingibe. An additional N10 million fine was imposed on the plaintiffs’ counsel for filing what the court considered a frivolous suit, with the amount also payable to the senator.

Kingibe, who represents the Federal Capital Territory in the Senate, was reportedly suspended on March 10 by executives of the ADC’s Wuse Ward over allegations of anti-party activities and disregard for the party constitution.

Ward executives claimed the suspension was ratified by a two-thirds majority of the leadership.

The suit, marked FHC/ABJ/CV/539/2026, was filed by Okezuo Kanayo and Isaiah Samuel on behalf of themselves and other ward members, with Kingibe named as the sole defendant.

Through their counsel, Kolawole Olowookere (SAN), the plaintiffs sought an interim injunction restraining the senator from presenting herself as a member of the ADC pending the determination of the substantive motion.

They also asked the court to bar her from attending party meetings, carrying out functions reserved for party members, or interfering in ward administration, including access to official records.

The plaintiffs alleged that Kingibe continued to hold parallel meetings and issue statements as an ADC member despite being notified of her suspension. They further claimed she used security personnel to intimidate ward executives.

Counsel to the senator, Marshall Abubakar, argued that the matter was purely an internal party dispute and therefore not justiciable.

He told the court that the party’s disciplinary procedures were not followed and maintained that Kingibe was neither invited nor formally confronted with any complaint before the suspension.

Abubakar also argued that the plaintiffs lacked the legal standing to institute the action because they had themselves been suspended by the party.

He urged the court to dismiss the case and award punitive costs against the plaintiffs.

In response, counsel to the plaintiffs, I.G. Ogugua, argued that internal party affairs cease to be protected from judicial scrutiny where constitutional procedures are breached.

The court, however, dismissed the suit in its entirety.

Continue Reading

News

“It Was Sweet Blue Candy” – Hon Doguwa debunked rumour he’s a drvg add!ct

Published

on

 

He said, “The claim that I was taking drvgs or p;lls is nothing but the work of the d£vil and my political en3mies. What was actually in my mouth was just sweet blue candy.”

Hon. Alhassan Ado Doguwa is a Member of the House of Representatives representing the Tudun Wada/Doguwa Federal Constituency in Kano State under the All Progressives Congress (APC)..

What do you think???

Continue Reading

News

ALAOJI PLANT RETURNS TO NATIONAL GRID

Published

on

Alaoji Plant Returns To National Grid

 

The Niger Delta Power Holding Company has restored the 450-megawatt Alaoji Open Cycle Power Plant in Abia State after it remained shut for three years.

The facility had stopped operations due to gas supply problems, debt issues and disagreements over metering.

The company said the return of the plant is expected to improve electricity supply and strengthen power generation in the country.

The shutdown had affected output from the national grid for more than 36 months.


Officials explained that efforts were made to resolve the long-running disputes and stabilise gas supply before restarting operations at the plant.

The restoration is also expected to support businesses and industries relying on stable electricity.


The Alaoji facility is one of the major power plants in the country and plays a role in boosting energy distribution across several regions.

Its return comes as authorities continue pushing for better electricity generation nationwide.

Continue Reading

Trending