Connect with us

EVENTS

Kidnap Kingpin Evans Onwuamadike Re-Arraigned For Murder Of Two Nigerian Policemen, Applies For Plea Bargain

Published

on

 

 

Notorious kidnapper Chukwudumeme Onwamadike aka Evans, on Thursday, urged the Lagos High Court Ikeja, to consider his application for plea bargain and clemency.

He was rearraigned for the murder of two police officers and the attempted kidnapping of Chief Obianodo Vincent, the owner of Young Shall Grow Transport Company.

His new lawyer, Chief Emefo Etudo, represented him when he was re-arraigned on a five-count charge of alleged murder and kidnapping by the Lagos State Government.

In the charge filed before Justice Adenike Coker, Evans and his co-defendant Joseph Nkenna Emeka pleaded not guilty to the alleged kidnapping and murder.

Etudo informed the court that Evans’ plea bargain application pertains to three pending criminal cases and two others on compassionate grounds.

Evans had previously been convicted in two other cases.

Etudo told Justice Coker that Evans had transformed from a criminal to a teacher and a reasonable human being, and therefore, his name should be graciously dropped from the three pending charges.

He submitted: “That a fresh charge be discretionally filed against the first defendant upon which he will plead guilty and serve 14 years imprisonment If approved.

“That the 14 years imprisonment that may be imposed in the new charge be made to run concurrently with other sentences that might have been given in his other cases listed above.

“Our authority for bringing this application is attached as Appendix 6 and this application supersedes and overrides any previous application made by or on behalf of Mr Onwuamadike for plea bargain.”

Speaking further Otudo told the court that there are five criminal cases against Evans. Lagos state government has been prosecuting him for those cases and has secured conviction for two of them.

He said during the cause of the prosecution, Evans has been incarcerated for about eight years.

“While in prison, the Federal Government offered the first defendant and other inmates a second chance and offered them opportunity to go to school.

“The first defendant (Evans) accepted offer to be educated as they were given scholarship by Federal Government. He has now earned an NCE teaching certificate in Economics.

“He is now a teacher and no longer a criminal. A copy of his NCE certificate and the project he did are attached as appendix 1 & 2.

“Mr Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike was also given admission in the National Open University of Nigeria under the scholarship granted by the Federal Government.

“He is now in 200 level in National Open University of Nigeria offering political Science. A copy of his admission letter is attached as appendix 3. And a copy of his ID Card in National Open University of Nigeria is attached as appendix 4.

“Mr Onwuamadike has also learnt technology under the Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity; to wit, welding and metal fabrication and passed all tests. A copy of the test by Ministry of Labour and Productivity is attached as appendix 5.”

Justice Coker told the prosecuting lawyer, Mr A. Y. Sule and Chief Etudo to wait till March 20, when the decision of the committee set up by the Lagos government on Evans’ application would have been released.

EVENTS

EID-EL-FITR: IGP DISU FELICITATES MUSLIM FAITHFUL, ORDERS NATIONWIDE DEPLOYMENT OF TACTICAL ASSETS

Published

on

 

​The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Olatunji Rilwan Disu, psc(+), NPM, has extended warm felicitations to the Muslim faithful across Nigeria on the successful completion of the holy month of Ramadan and the celebration of Eid-el-Fitr.

​In furtherance of his commitment to ensuring a safe and secure environment during the festive period, the Inspector-General has directed Commissioners of Police and Tactical Commanders across all states of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory to implement robust security arrangements.
​Operational measures include:
​Strategic deployment of tactical teams and intelligence operatives.

​Deployment of the Special Intervention Squad and conventional police personnel to Eid prayer grounds and critical infrastructure.
​Increased presence at highways, motor parks, recreational centers, and other public spaces to ensure peaceful, hitch-free celebrations.

​The IGP has also ordered heightened visibility policing, coordinated patrols, enhanced surveillance operations, and intelligence-led stop-and-search duties. These actions are aimed at proactively deterring criminal activities and ensuring a swift response to any emerging threats.

​IGP Disu calls on members of the public to remain vigilant, cooperate with law enforcement agencies, and promptly report any suspicious activities to the nearest police station or through the following emergency lines:
​08057000001, 08057000002, 09133333785, and 09133333786.
​IGP Tunji Disu wishes all Muslim faithful a peaceful and joyous Eid-el-Fitr.

DCP ANTHONY OKON PLACID psc(+) mni
Force Public Relations Officer
Force Headquarters, Abuja
20th March, 2026

Continue Reading

EVENTS

Hon Success Opara celebrates Mothering Sunday with St. Peter women, hails them as the ‘neck that controls the household

Published

on

Hon Success Opara, former councilorship candidate for Ikenegbu Ward 2, celebrated Mothering Sunday with the women of St. Peter Anglican Church, Ikenegbu, extolling them as the backbone of their households.

He described them as the “neck that controls the household,” acknowledging their vital role in shaping families and communities.

Opara’s gesture is seen as a testament to his commitment to uplifting and empowering women.

The celebration, which coincided with the Christian observance of Mothering Sunday, featured fellowship and words of encouragement from Opara, who prayed for the women’s well-being.

This event highlights the importance of recognizing and appreciating mothers and mother figures in Nigerian society.

 

Continue Reading

EVENTS

“Early marriage is better than fornication” – Mixed reactions as young Nigerian couple trends after welcoming a child

Published

on

 

A young Nigerian couple are currently trending on Arewa social media circles after they welcomed their first child.

The pictures taken by a Kaduna-based photographer have sparked mixed reactions, with some people saying that the girl is underaged and not old enough to be a wife and mother.

Continue Reading

Trending