Connect with us

News

‘Nnamdi Kanu is dying’ – BRGIE goes against Anambra election

Published

on

The Simon Ekpa-led Biafra Republic Government in Exile has commenced another round of civil disobedience in protest of the prolonged detention of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.

The pro-Biafra movement is now asking residents to boycott the Anambra guber election on November 8, 2025.

Further BRGIE has also declared a three-day sit-at-home in south-east Nigeria over the continued detention of Kanu.

In a statement on Wednesday by its acting Prime Minister, Ogechukwu Nkere, the group said the sit-at-home would hold on November 6, 7, and 8, 2025, respectively.

Ekwutosblog reports that the sit-at-home is believed to be an attempt to frustrate the Anambra governorship election.

BRGIE noted that Biafrans remained resolute on their exit from Nigeria.

According to the pro-Biafra agitator, the decision is based on the Nigerian security agency’s alleged denial of Nnamdi Kanu’s access to medical attention and the imprisonment of its prime minister, Simon Ekpa, in Finland.

BRGIE commended the United States of America President, Donald Trump, for declaring Nigeria a ‘Country with Particular Concerns’ over alleged Christian genocide.

It noted that the next move is for the US under President Trump to sanction the Nigerian government and leaders.

“The Biafra Republic Government In Exile (BRGIE) wishes to remind all Biafrans and Nigerian politicians parading themselves in old Anambra that the Biafra de facto government in the homeland of Biafra had issued no elections in Nigeria in Anambra on lockdown 6, 7 and 8 November 2025.

“Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, leader of Biafra, was kidnapped in Kenya & died in DSS detention as they denied him access to medical facilities because Biafrans had voted to exit Nigeria and unanimously declared their independence on 2nd December 2024 in Lahti, Finland.

“Prime Minister Simon Ekpa has been imprisoned by Finland through the efforts of Igbo politicians working with the Nigerian government and the European Commission.

“Any attempt to conduct this illegality in Biafran territory will meet a brick wall from the Biafran people.

“If the American lawmakers and President Donald Trump could place importance on our lives in the southeastern part of Nigeria, the Biafra Territory, by listening to our pleas in Washington, D.C., through our lobbying efforts of BRGIE, by finally applying sanctions & measures against the Nigerian Islamic state, yet our own corrupt politicians working for their personal and family pockets care less, which means we have to send them out to join the Boko Haram sects in Sambisa Forest.

“50,048,916 numbers of Biafrans voted yes to exit Nigeria in our 2024 concluded self-referendum, and 517 delegates ratified the Declaration of Independence restoration of Biafra on 2nd December 2024. We are going forward & not backwards. There will be no Nigerian elections in Anambra because this is Biafran territory.

“The Biafra Republic Government in Exile and De Facto in Homeland hereby appreciates President Donald Trump and the U.S. lawmakers for designating Nigeria as a country of particular concern.

“This is just the beginning of the steps to wiping out the Islamic jihadist terrorists. We have achieved our first mandates in Washington, D.C., and the next is to sanction and ban all politicians involved in the forceful disappearances, massacres, genocide, and also the kidnapping of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

“Kidnapping Mazi Nnamdi Kanu can’t stop Biafra, imprisoning Simon Ekpa can’t stop Biafra, as Nigeria can see now that BRGIE is gaining more momentum than before and the sky is our limit on Biafra independence,” BRGIE said in the statement.

Recall that last week, Trump threatened possible military action against Nigeria over the alleged killing of Christians.

Nigeria’s electoral body, the Independent National Electoral Commission, has announced November 6, 2025, for the Anambra guber election.

News

𝗛𝗢𝗡. 𝗧𝗢𝗦𝗞𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗡𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦, 𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗜𝗛𝗜𝗔𝗚𝗪𝗔, 𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗕𝗜𝗘𝗭𝗘𝗡𝗔, 𝗘𝗭𝗜𝗢𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗢, 𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗔𝗕𝗜𝗔𝗠, 𝗢𝗞𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗛𝗜, 𝗨𝗠𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗠𝗔, 𝗔𝗩𝗨 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦: 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗜𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

Published

on

 

Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere(TOSKA), Member Representing Owerri Federal Constituency, has strongly condemned the incessant gruesome killings, kidnappings, rapes and violent attacks carried out by unscrupulous and criminal elements terrorizing communities within Owerri Federal Constituency, especially in Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emeabiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other neighbouring communities.

The recent killings of vigilante operatives and innocent constituents at Umuguma and Ihiagwa call for urgent and deterrent response by our security agencies.

In a passionate motion raised before the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Okere called on the Federal Government of Nigeria and relevant security agencies to immediately deploy adequate security personnel to the affected communities and take decisive actions against the worsening insecurity threatening the lives and properties of his people.

According to him, the continuous attacks on harmless villagers, farmers, women and youths can no longer be tolerated under any guise.

“I urge the Federal Government of Nigeria to urgently look into this motion and act swiftly before more innocent lives are lost. Our people deserve to live and to live in peace without fear of being kidnapped, raped or butchered in their own communities,” Hon. TOSKA stressed.

The lawmaker further emphasized that the people of Owerri Federal Constituency will not fold their arms and watch criminals continue to unleash terror across Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emebiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other communities while families continue to mourn their loved ones daily.

This courageous move by Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere has continued to attract commendations from constituents who describe his intervention as timely, bold and people-oriented.

Hon. Okere is the light and the voice of Owerri Federal Constituency.
May God keep him to keep standing for us and for our interest.

 

Continue Reading

News

TENSIONS RISE IN OGUTA LGA AS CHAIRMAN MOVED AHEAD WITH Town UNION ELECTIONS AGAINST STATE DIRECTIVE

Published

on

 

By Nwauwa Ikedi Justice

An emerging standoff between the Oguta Local Government Area executive and the Imo State Government has sparked concerns of unrest in several communities, after the council chairman proceeded with plans to conduct Town Union elections in defiance of a statewide directive from Governor Hope Uzodimma.

Last week, Hon. Ifeanyi Nnani, Executive Chairman of Oguta LGA, initiated steps to organize elections in five autonomous communities, an action seen by observers as a direct challenge to the governor’s order prohibiting local government chairmen from interfering in Town Union affairs.

The controversy stems from earlier complaints by traditional rulers across the state, who alleged that some local government chairmen had been imposing proxies as Town Union executives in their domains.

In response, Governor Uzodimma convened a statewide stakeholders’ meeting on January 17, 2026, at the Eze Imo Palace. Citing the Imo State Town Union Law No. 6 of 2003, as amended, the governor lifted the existing ban on Town Union elections and ruled that the process should be conducted in line with each community’s established customs. He also transferred supervisory responsibility from local government chairmen to the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, designating it the appropriate authority for such matters. The directive has since been credited with restoring relative peace across the state.

Despite this, sources indicate that Hon. Nnani’s administration has quietly begun conducting elections in villages within Oguta LGA without consulting the affected Town Unions or seeking clearance from the supervising ministry.

A letter dated last week and personally signed by the chairman to the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs has since come to light. Rather than seeking approval, the correspondence served as notification of the council’s intent to proceed with elections in Ndiuloukwu, Mgbala, Uworie, and Mgbele autonomous communities—a move that appears to contradict the state government’s directive.

The emergence of the letter has alarmed traditional rulers, with reports of growing unease in the affected communities. Community leaders have vowed to resist what they describe as an unlawful intrusion into their internal affairs.

Attempts to reach Hon. Nnani for comment have so far been unsuccessful, as calls to his office went unanswered.

Continue Reading

Business

Fuel may hit N2000/litre. Subsidize crude feedstock now – TUC tells FG

Published

on

 

The Trade Union of Nigeria, TUC, has raised the alarm that the price of Premium Motor Spirit aka Petrol may climb to about N2,000 per litre if urgent measures are not taken to cushion the impact of rising global crude prices and the depreciating naira.

Speaking to newsmen on Thursday, April 9, the president of the TUC, Festus Osifo, called on the Federal Government to immediately deploy 60 percent of excess crude oil revenue above the 2026 budget benchmark to subsidise crude feedstock supplies to the Dangote Refinery and other modular refineries, a move it says will slash pump prices of petrol, diesel, and jet fuel within two weeks

“Today, comrades, we are seeing that the cost of petrol is edging towards N2,000 per litre depending on the part of the country that you are. Nigerian workers are already passing through excruciating pain as we speak.

The same way it is affecting transportation, it is also affecting manufacturing. The cost of diesel has also gone northward, meaning that the cost of production has increased. When production costs rise, the final price of goods on the shelves will also skyrocket.

If this continues unchecked, the inflation that we are currently celebrating as going downwards will reverse and start moving up again,” he stated.

Osifo outlined the proposal as an urgent intervention to cushion Nigerian workers from excruciating pain caused by petrol prices edging towards ₦2,000 per litre in some parts of the country

Continue Reading

Trending