Connect with us

News

‘No one is planning to kill you’ – Fulani group tells Rev Dachomo

Published

on

A group under the auspices of ‘Plateau Fulani Like-Minds’ (PFL) has reacted to widespread allegations that outspoken clergyman, Rev. Ezekiel Dachomo, has been marked for assassination by some Islamic extremists and bandits within one week over his insistence that Christians are being killed in Plateau State.

The Anonymous Group, a decentralized, international online collective known for its “hacktivism,” which involves cyber attacks and online protests against entities such as governments, had in a post on its Facebook page on Friday, raised an alarm claiming that Rev. Dachomo has been marked for elimination.

In the post, the Anonymous Group had said that some Islamic terrorists and bandits had issued orders to assassinate Rev. Dachomo within the next seven days, believing he was responsible for Trump’s intervention.

“Photos of Pastor Dachomo Bwede Ezekiel, a man of God, have been circulated among Islamic terrorists and bandits in the former country. They have issued orders to assassinate him within the next seven days, believing he is responsible for Trump’s intervention.

“The militants are furious that their livelihoods and their very lives are now in jeopardy and are being masterminded by this man. The instructions are “Kill him and cut his head off”, the group had warned.

Rev. Dachomo himself had, in several Facebook posts and videos, claimed that he had been receiving death threats through calls and messages, but insisted that he is not afraid of death as long as he is standing for the truth.

In one of such posts, he had said:

“They have been threatening me everywhere, even on social media. They even threatened to kill me during mass burials. They did the same to Senator Gyang Dantong; he was killed during a burial. They have vowed to kill me. Even the Nigerian Army issued a press release against me, accusing me of inciting people. But they are the ones inciting the Muslims against us by refusing to make arrests.”

But in a statement signed on Saturday by the Chairman of the Fulani group, Usman Balarabe, the PFL said the man of God has been riding on the crest of violence in Plateau State to deceive those they describe as his “gullible followers” to gain popularity for himself.

Balarabe stated that it was hilarious that Rev. Dachomo is the only Christian cleric in the state who has taken it upon himself to whip up sentiments against the Fulani people whenever there is an attack in any part of the state, and always blames the Fulanis as perpetrators of such attacks.

He noted that the way Rev. Dachomo is going is akin to giving a dog a bad name to hang it.

“We, the Plateau Fulani Like-Minds have noticed with great dismay the way a respected clergyman, Rev. Ezekiel Dachomo, has been whipping up sentiments every day, claiming that he has been receiving death threats from Fulani people and other Islamic groups,” Balarabe said in the statement.

“However, we want to remind Rev. Ezekiel Dachomo that as far as the Fulani people in Plateau State are concerned, no one is planning to kill him. He is just trying to give a dog a bad name to hang it by making his gullible followers think Fulani people want to kill him.

“We would like Rev. Ezekiel Dachomo if he has the consciousness of a true man of God, to make public the threat messages he has been receiving.

“He should also publish the names of individuals and groups that have been threatening him for the world to see.

“We respect Rev. Ezekiel Dachomo and hold him in very high esteem but he is gradually crossing the line with his regular allegations that the Fulani people in Plateau State want to kill him.

“But the big question is this: why would we want his death? For the avoidance of doubt, the Fulani people are peaceful.

“We accept that there are criminal elements amongst us, just like there are criminals amongst the Berom, Tarok, Mwaghavul, Irigwe, Angas, Afizere, and other tribes in Plateau State. Rev. Ezekiel Dachomo only picks on Fulanis to accuse them of crimes.

“This ethnic generalization has git to stop. We are no longer comfortable with the way the reverend keeps accusing the Fulani people of planning to kill him. And as far as we are concerned, we are not in any way planning evil against him.

“We also call on security agencies to call him to order as we will not continue to keep quiet while he disparages our ethnic group at every opportunity he has,” Balarabe stated.

Business

Fuel may hit N2000/litre. Subsidize crude feedstock now – TUC tells FG

Published

on

 

The Trade Union of Nigeria, TUC, has raised the alarm that the price of Premium Motor Spirit aka Petrol may climb to about N2,000 per litre if urgent measures are not taken to cushion the impact of rising global crude prices and the depreciating naira.

Speaking to newsmen on Thursday, April 9, the president of the TUC, Festus Osifo, called on the Federal Government to immediately deploy 60 percent of excess crude oil revenue above the 2026 budget benchmark to subsidise crude feedstock supplies to the Dangote Refinery and other modular refineries, a move it says will slash pump prices of petrol, diesel, and jet fuel within two weeks

“Today, comrades, we are seeing that the cost of petrol is edging towards N2,000 per litre depending on the part of the country that you are. Nigerian workers are already passing through excruciating pain as we speak.

The same way it is affecting transportation, it is also affecting manufacturing. The cost of diesel has also gone northward, meaning that the cost of production has increased. When production costs rise, the final price of goods on the shelves will also skyrocket.

If this continues unchecked, the inflation that we are currently celebrating as going downwards will reverse and start moving up again,” he stated.

Osifo outlined the proposal as an urgent intervention to cushion Nigerian workers from excruciating pain caused by petrol prices edging towards ₦2,000 per litre in some parts of the country

Continue Reading

News

Cameroon’s President, Paul Biya Set To Get A Vice President For The First Time In His 43-Year Rule

Published

on

Cameroon’s president, Paul Biya, is set to get a vice president for the first time in his four-decade rule, following controversial constitutional changes backed by the parliament.

In a ‌joint session of the ruling party-dominated National Assembly and Senate, lawmakers voted 200 to 18 in favour, with four abstentions, to pass the bill.

The bill stipulates that the vice president will ​automatically assume the presidency if President Paul Biya dies, resigns, or becomes incapacitated.

Biya, ​93, has led the Central African country since 1982 and is the world’s oldest serving head of state. Public discussion about ​his health is banned.

According to the legislation, a copy of which was seen by ​Reuters, the vice president will be appointed and dismissed by the president, serving for the remainder of the president’s seven-year term.

However, the interim leader would be prohibited from initiating constitutional changes or ​running in a subsequent election.

Prior to the amendment, the constitution designated the leader of the Senate to briefly take over in case the sitting president d!es or is incapacitated. An election would then be held.

The Social Democratic Front (SDF) party, which has six representatives in parliament, boycotted the vote. It had pushed for a revision in favour of the vice-president being jointly elected with the president, rather than appointed.

The party also sought a constitutional provision that reflects the linguistic split between English and French-speaking regions. The SDF wanted the nation’s top two posts to be shared between Cameroon’s two communities, which was the position before 1972.

“This constitutional reform could have been a moment of political courage, but it is nothing less than a missed historic opportunity,” SDF chairman Joshua Osih said.

Continue Reading

News

Nigerians Expect Everything Free, Roads And Light, But Don’t Want To Pay Tax — Minister Wike

Published

on

 

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has highlighted the ongoing challenges of tax collection, pointing out the disparity between citizens’ expectations and the reality of government revenue.

Speaking with TVC NEWS live, he stressed that while Nigerians expect quality infrastructure and services, there is widespread reluctance to contribute through taxes.

On the difficulty of generating revenue, Wike said: “To collect tax, you know it’s not an easy thing. I don’t know how many of you here like to pay tax. Nigerians want everything for free. They want road, they want light. It is not easy.”

He further stated; “When I came to Abuja we were about 8, 9 billion. The money we get from the federal government is 1% of the allocation of federal government. So if federal government gets 1 trillion for example, they’ll give us one percent which is ten billion naira and that cannot carry the society. Our salary in a month is not less than 12–13 billion, so we must augment. How do we augment?”

Addressing public criticism, he added: “There’s no ab¥se that any politician has received than me. I think after the president, I’m the highest ab¥sed. There’s nothing we do that we won’t get ab¥sed. Well, what is important to me is that I want to be concentrated to do the job.”

On oversight and accountability, Wike explained how closely he monitors the finances: “The money we have gotten from tax challenge me, minister FCT, what are you doing? I’ll show you as I sit here.”

Continue Reading

Trending