Business
Price of Dangote’s fuel higher than other sources, we have to pity Nigerians – IPMAN
Price of Dangote’s fuel higher than other sources, we have to pity Nigerians – IPMAN
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, IPMAN, on Friday said that the price of fuel from Dangote Refinery, as of last week, was higher than the price of the product from other sources.
IPMAN said members must go where the price is lower and where they get profit, adding that they have to pity Nigerians.
Yakubu Suleiman, National Assistant Secretary of IPMAN, stated this on Friday while fielding questions on Arise Television’s Morning Show programme.
Suleiman argued that prices of petroleum products are determined by international pricing, insisting that Dangote is supposed to be disclosing the amount he’s going to sell his product.
He said: “Prices are determined by international pricing. Dangote is supposed to be saying like every day, ‘This is the price I’m going to sell this product’.
“But he cannot be able to do that unless he (Dangote) engages the stakeholders. And you cannot just say okay, we must only buy in his own depot.
“IPMAN cannot just sit down and say ‘We will tell our members, all of you go to Dangote Refinery and buy your product and load’. We cannot just do that. This is a deregulated system.
We have to source where products are much cheaper. Then we would inform our members to go and load product in any depot that the product is cheaper.
“If Dangote has a product and is selling N1000, let’s assume, and there are other places that are selling N900. We can’t just say because for the sake we are doing business with Dangote, ‘Okay go and do it’. It’s not profitable to us. We must go where the price is lower; where we get profit. That is it.”
Continuing, the IPMAN scribe added, “We are in a deregulated economy but Dangote is like trying to monopolize the whole issue. Fine. Let us know if there is monopoly in the whole system. But we believe that it’s now deregulation.
“Like last week, Dangote’s price is higher than other places. Because if you can go by the price, the international price, crude has already started coming down.
“If I could remember, as of last week, he gave N995 per litre, and you have to bring your cargo and load. How much will you pay the cargo? How much will be the other charges to your depot? And how much will go to the depot? And we expect independent marketers to go and sell it. Can we go and sell? Look at we have to pity Nigerians.”
Business
Fuel may hit N2000/litre. Subsidize crude feedstock now – TUC tells FG
The Trade Union of Nigeria, TUC, has raised the alarm that the price of Premium Motor Spirit aka Petrol may climb to about N2,000 per litre if urgent measures are not taken to cushion the impact of rising global crude prices and the depreciating naira.
Speaking to newsmen on Thursday, April 9, the president of the TUC, Festus Osifo, called on the Federal Government to immediately deploy 60 percent of excess crude oil revenue above the 2026 budget benchmark to subsidise crude feedstock supplies to the Dangote Refinery and other modular refineries, a move it says will slash pump prices of petrol, diesel, and jet fuel within two weeks
“Today, comrades, we are seeing that the cost of petrol is edging towards N2,000 per litre depending on the part of the country that you are. Nigerian workers are already passing through excruciating pain as we speak.
The same way it is affecting transportation, it is also affecting manufacturing. The cost of diesel has also gone northward, meaning that the cost of production has increased. When production costs rise, the final price of goods on the shelves will also skyrocket.
If this continues unchecked, the inflation that we are currently celebrating as going downwards will reverse and start moving up again,” he stated.
Osifo outlined the proposal as an urgent intervention to cushion Nigerian workers from excruciating pain caused by petrol prices edging towards ₦2,000 per litre in some parts of the country
Business
Fuel price hike: Gov Makinde announces N10,000 transport support for workers
The governor of Oyo state, Seyi Makinde, has approved a N10,000 transportation allowance as a palliative for the state workforce to cushion the effects of the increase in the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit, otherwise known as petrol.
The Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Oyo State chapter, Kayode Martins, in a statement released on Monday, March 23, disclosed that the governor has granted the request of the union on the issue of transportation allowance.
The statement read
“Following the intervention and formal request made by the State Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) earlier this morning, the state government has approved a N10,000 transportation allowance for all workers in the state.
The newly approved allowance is set to take effect from April 2026, providing much-needed relief to workers grappling with rising transportation costs amid current economic challenges.
This development comes as a direct response to sustained advocacy by the state NLC, aimed at cushioning the impact of increased living expenses on the workforce.
Further details on implementation are expected to be communicated by the relevant government authorities in due course.”
Business
CBN Releases New Age Limit, Guidelines On BVN Operation.
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), has declared that banks and financial institutions must establish and maintain a temporary watch-list for Bank Verification Numbers (BVN) implicated in suspected fraudulent transactions.
According to the CBN in a circular dated March 12, 2026 and signed by its Director of Payments System Policy Department, Musa I. Jimoh, the apex bank said such a suspected BVN may remain on the temporary watchlist for a maximum period of twenty-four (24) hours during which the owner would be contacted to make clarifications.
The circular explained that the move is part of several new measures under a revised regulatory framework aimed at enhancing financial system stability.
“A BVN may remain on this temporary Watchlist for a maximum period of twenty-four (24) hours, during this period, the BVN owner shall be contacted to provide clarification regarding the identified transaction(s),” the circular stated.
The circular also sets an age requirement for BVN enrolment, restricting registration to individuals who have attained eighteen (18) years and above.
The CBN also added that amendments to phone numbers linked to a BVN shall be allowed only once.
“Amendments to phone numbers linked to a BVN shall be allowed only once,” the circular noted.
The apex bank stated that access to BVN databases will remain tightly controlled.
“Access to the BVN databases shall be exclusively granted to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) licensed financial institutions.
“Notwithstanding this provision, the Central Bank of Nigeria (the Bank) reserves the right to approve access to the BVN databases in extenuating circumstances and in accordance with the provisions of extant laws,” the circular said.
Financial institutions are expected to comply with the new requirements, and customers may be contacted by their banks if their BVNs are temporarily flagged during the new fraud monitoring process.
The new policy, as stated by the CBN, takes effect from May 1, 2026.
-
Business2 years ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
-
Trending2 years agoNYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
-
Politics2 years agoMexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
-
Politics2 years agoPutin invites 20 world leaders
-
Politics2 years agoRussia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
-
Education2 years ago
GOVERNOR FUBARA APPOINTS COUNCIL MEMBERS FOR KEN SARO-WIWA POLYTECHNIC BORI
