Connect with us

News

The Italian resort set to start turning tourists away

Published

on

The resort explained limiting the number of daily pass holders will improve overall experience

A popular Italian resort is set to start turning tourists away – as a result of severe overcrowding in the area.

The acclaimed ski resort in the Dolomites region will put a limit on the number of visitors it will welcome this winter.

Madonna di Campiglio has announced it will curb the presence of skiers on the slopes by limiting daily passes bought online to just 15,000 on up to 17 days each ski season.

This will be a notable decrease from the 23,000 admissions that were sold in a single day last year.

It comes after a period of overcrowding in the mountain range during the summer.

The resort explained limiting the number of daily pass holders will improve overall experience.

It added it will help improve customer safety too.

The rule will be launched from December 28, 2025, to January 5, 2026, as well as during Italy’s annual Carnival (February 15-22, 2026), according to Euronews.

Madonna di Campiglio has announced it will curb the presence of skiers on the slopes by limiting daily passes bought online to just 15,000 on up to 17 days each ski season

It comes after a period of overcrowding in the Dolomites mountain range during the summer

Madonna di Campiglio is also developing new ‘smart skipasses’ to allow skiers to avoid crowded zones during the peak season by ‘dynamically distributing skier traffic across the 150km of slopes’.

But the new limit will only apply to daily SkiArea passes sold online.

This means that those with seasonal passholders, pay-per-use cards, multi-day passes, and passes within Pinzolo and Folgarida Marilleva will not be affected by the new limit.

Non-skiers will also be allowed to freely access pedestrian-enabled lifts.

The Dolomites have shot to popularity in recent months.

The region has seen a surge in the number of visitors it welcomes.

Each year, approximately 34 million people visit to experience the beauty of the Italian Dolomites.

But this has led to problems associated with overtourism.

The resort explained limiting the number of daily pass holders will improve overall experience

In February this year, anti-tourist protesters targeted ski resorts after Italian locals branded the words ‘too much’ in bright red letters atop a snowy mountain.

And during the summer, the mountains were compared to Disneyland as the beauty spot became overloaded by swarms of selfie-snapping tourists.

Hiking trails have reportedly seen huge blockages and tourists clog up the paths.

What’s more, recent scenes of overcrowding at the summit of the Seceda mountain has sparked anger among locals and environmentalists who say large crowds could put wildlife at risk.

 

News

“It Was Sweet Blue Candy” – Hon Doguwa debunked rumour he’s a drvg add!ct

Published

on

 

He said, “The claim that I was taking drvgs or p;lls is nothing but the work of the d£vil and my political en3mies. What was actually in my mouth was just sweet blue candy.”

Hon. Alhassan Ado Doguwa is a Member of the House of Representatives representing the Tudun Wada/Doguwa Federal Constituency in Kano State under the All Progressives Congress (APC)..

What do you think???

Continue Reading

News

ALAOJI PLANT RETURNS TO NATIONAL GRID

Published

on

Alaoji Plant Returns To National Grid

 

The Niger Delta Power Holding Company has restored the 450-megawatt Alaoji Open Cycle Power Plant in Abia State after it remained shut for three years.

The facility had stopped operations due to gas supply problems, debt issues and disagreements over metering.

The company said the return of the plant is expected to improve electricity supply and strengthen power generation in the country.

The shutdown had affected output from the national grid for more than 36 months.


Officials explained that efforts were made to resolve the long-running disputes and stabilise gas supply before restarting operations at the plant.

The restoration is also expected to support businesses and industries relying on stable electricity.


The Alaoji facility is one of the major power plants in the country and plays a role in boosting energy distribution across several regions.

Its return comes as authorities continue pushing for better electricity generation nationwide.

Continue Reading

News

𝗛𝗢𝗡. 𝗧𝗢𝗦𝗞𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗡𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦, 𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗜𝗛𝗜𝗔𝗚𝗪𝗔, 𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗕𝗜𝗘𝗭𝗘𝗡𝗔, 𝗘𝗭𝗜𝗢𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗢, 𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗔𝗕𝗜𝗔𝗠, 𝗢𝗞𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗛𝗜, 𝗨𝗠𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗠𝗔, 𝗔𝗩𝗨 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦: 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗜𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

Published

on

 

Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere(TOSKA), Member Representing Owerri Federal Constituency, has strongly condemned the incessant gruesome killings, kidnappings, rapes and violent attacks carried out by unscrupulous and criminal elements terrorizing communities within Owerri Federal Constituency, especially in Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emeabiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other neighbouring communities.

The recent killings of vigilante operatives and innocent constituents at Umuguma and Ihiagwa call for urgent and deterrent response by our security agencies.

In a passionate motion raised before the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Okere called on the Federal Government of Nigeria and relevant security agencies to immediately deploy adequate security personnel to the affected communities and take decisive actions against the worsening insecurity threatening the lives and properties of his people.

According to him, the continuous attacks on harmless villagers, farmers, women and youths can no longer be tolerated under any guise.

“I urge the Federal Government of Nigeria to urgently look into this motion and act swiftly before more innocent lives are lost. Our people deserve to live and to live in peace without fear of being kidnapped, raped or butchered in their own communities,” Hon. TOSKA stressed.

The lawmaker further emphasized that the people of Owerri Federal Constituency will not fold their arms and watch criminals continue to unleash terror across Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emebiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other communities while families continue to mourn their loved ones daily.

This courageous move by Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere has continued to attract commendations from constituents who describe his intervention as timely, bold and people-oriented.

Hon. Okere is the light and the voice of Owerri Federal Constituency.
May God keep him to keep standing for us and for our interest.

 

Continue Reading

Trending