Connect with us

Entertainment

US Singer Taylor Swift’s stalker is ordered to mental health facility after judge ruled Seattle law student was unfit to stand trial

Published

on

Taylor Swift

USA singer, Taylor Swift’s stalker has been ordered to a mental health facility after a judge found him unfit to stand trial.

Manhattan criminal court judge Robert Rosenthal dismissed the criminal case against David Crowe, 33, in an adjournment hearing on Friday.

‘David Crowe is unfit to stand trial. The criminal case is now dismissed by function of law,’ the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office told DailyMail.

‘He will now be committed to the custody of the Office of Mental Health to receive necessary treatment.’

This development comes just a day after after a psychiatric exam ordered by the court found Crowe ‘not fit to proceed not just on the evaluation, but also on the review of his criminal record’, his attorney said at the time.

Crowe will be moved from his current incarceration at Rikers, where he was held on $100,000 bail during his trial, to the custody of the Office of Mental Health, TMZ was first to report.

The Seattle law student, who had previously violated a protective order mandating he stay away from Swift and her home, has been seen outside her residence more than 30 times since November.

He was arrested a second time on January 22 after police received reports that he was ‘acting erratically’ outside Swift’s $20 million apartment on Franklin Street.

Later in the same week, on January 24 he was arraigned and issued the protection order.

Crowe was charged with stalking in the fourth-degree and harassment in the first- and second-degrees before he was released under supervision by a Manhattan judge.

But Crowe was seen diving into a large green dumpster across the pop superstar’s Tribeca home on the same afternoon.

He looked inside from different angles and was spotted by nearby neighbors who were left concerned at his actions before he was arrested the New York City Police Department.

An NYPD spokesman said police officers responded to a 911 call of a disorderly male on Franklin Street at 1:35 pm.

Once the cops arrived, he left the location and walked into the first precinct where he was taken into custody.

‘I just saw him digging through this dumpster, taking out some blankets and then he just went and sat down on the loading dock a few doors down [from Swift’s apartment],’ a resident told The New York Post.

His sweatshirt featured the quote by American author Ursula K Le Guin, which reads: ‘Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.’

One neighbor told the New York Post that the man had been seen regularly outside the building since Christmas – sitting on the doorstep, chain-smoking, and telling people he was there to see Swift. He even had flowers for her at one point.

A spokesperson for the New York Police Department (NYPD) said: ‘Officers were approached by multiple complainants who pointed out an emotionally disturbed male acting erratically at the location.

‘Once officers observed the male harassing multiple complainants, they took him to custody without further incidents, no injuries were reported.’
Prosecutors said that Crowe, from Seattle, has been spotted at Swift’s Tribeca home as many as 30 times since November 25. He allegedly asked to speak to the singer several times.

Crowe was asked about 10 times not to approach the building or to leave, according to prosecutors.

 

Entertainment

S+x Is The Only Reason I Got Married To My Husband— Reverend(Mrs) Stellamaris Ajetomobi

Published

on

 

In a striking statement about marital roles, Rev. Mrs. Stellamaris Ajetomibi, Vice President of The Men of Issachar Vision Inc., shared her perspective on what she considers the “core assignment” in marriage.

“S+x is marriage, sex is marriage. Let me tell you, in my father’s house, I used to wear clothes. I eat rice, I eat any food. I have house to live, everything. What do you think I came to look for in my husband’s house? It’s s+x. It’s s+x,” she declared.

She emphasized the exclusivity of her marital duties: “If I do it with any other man, I will be stoned. If I do it with any other man, God will frown at it. So he’s the only one I have liberty to do it with, and they even gave me a certificate, as many of you that were there that day.”

On practical support, Ajetomibi clarified the distinction between household help and her main responsibility: “You can help me cook, that’s not bad. You can help me wash clothes, that’s not bad. In fact, you can help me do homework for my children. I pay teachers to do that. This assignment, this is the core assignment. I can’t pay anybody. If I catch you to doing it, it’s g+n down.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Actress Biola Adebayo Tenders Apology Over Interview With Baba Ijesha (Video)

Published

on

Popular Nigerian actress and podcaster Biola Adebayo has publicly apologized for featuring actor Baba Ijesha on her podcast.

Recall that Baba Ijesha, who was recently released from prison over sexual assault related offense, appeared on Talk to B podcast over the weekend.

Sharing his own side of the story, Baba Ijesha claimed that the allegation was false and accused comedienne, Princess of setting hin up.

He also stated that actress Iyabo Ojo who supported his imprisonment once entrusted her kids, Priscilla and Festus in his custody.

The interview sparked criticism, with followers of Iyabo Ojo and Princess accusing Biola Adebayo of using her platform to encourage child abuse.

Reacting to the heavy criticism on Tuesday evening, Biola Adebayo, who had earlier taken down the video, tendered a public apology.

While denying allegation of using her platform to exonerate him, Biola disclosed that she is also a rape victim.

Speaking in a trending video on her Instagram page, she said “I apologise to everyone. I’m very sorry, please forgive me. I will never support a rapist or pedophile. I thought I was just an interviewer, my role is to interview him, hear what he had to say.

“I thought he would apologise but he did not do so. But it’s not in my place to condemn him. My platform is for the good and the bad, it’s for both Saint and the sinners. The platform is not for only the people that you like alone. I’m a mother, a Christian and I’m also a rape victim.

”So, I will never enable anybody. The interview was not to exonerate Baba Ijesha, to agree with whatever he was saying or for him to come and claim innocent on my show. And a lot of people are insinuating that the video is to tarnish Iyabo Ojo’s image. I will never do that”, she said.

Watch her speak:

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Hollywood actor, Chuck Noreis, d!es at 86

Published

on

 

Iconic action star Chuck Norris has died. He was 86.

His family announced his passing in a statement released today March 20.

“It is with heavy hearts that our family shares the sudden passing of our beloved Chuck Norris yesterday morning. Please know that he was surrounded by his family and was at peace.” the statemnt in part reads

The martial artist and actor had just celebrated his 86th birthday on March 10.

Chuck rose to fame in the ‘80s with karate films like ‘A Force of One’ and ‘An Eye for an Eye,’ before becoming a household name as Cordell Walker in ‘Walker, Texas Ranger!’

Chuck is survived by his wife, Gena O’Kelley, and his five children — twins Dakota and Danilee, as well as Dina, Eric and Mike from previous relationships.

May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

Continue Reading

Trending