News
IMO ENTRACO: ‘If anything happens to anybody today at Toronto Imo Governor will be held Responsible “- NONSONKWA
In recent Development in Owerri, Imo State a body of the Imo State government known as Entraco has been trending in the state where it was gathered that the members clash with market women at Toronto, MCC Owerri North Local government of the State.
Backstory:
It was a bitter weekend for a part of residents of Owerri, the Imo State capital as a clash between a government agency and residents of the area resulted to casualties.
It was blood, tears and sorrow last weekend beginning from Friday, October 24, 2025, at the Toronto axis of MCC Uratta Road, Owerri, following a violent confrontation between staff of Imo State government agency, ENTRACO and local residents which saw many injured with fears of unconfirmed death.
According to information made available to Ekwutosblog monitored by a correspondence, a fierce battle ensued between the government officials and residents fuelled by the involvement of police operatives in the area.
A source who pleaded anonymity informed our correspondent that the incident began on Thursday last week when an ENTRACO staff allegedly harassed a POS operator, attempting to seize her umbrella and machine for allegedly placing her stand in an unauthorized location.
The lady reportedly resisted, telling him he had no right to confiscate her business tools, especially since it was late and government workers ought to have closed for the day. The young woman warned that she would call her friend if he continued with his threats, a warning the ENTRACO staff ignored.
Unknown to the ENTRACO staff, the said friend was a police officer, who arrived at the scene in mufti and demanded to know what transpired. In a shocking twist, the ENTRACO staff allegedly slapped the officer and threatened to deal with him, prompting the officer to retaliate. This confrontation set off a chain of events that quickly escalated into chaos.
In what appeared to be a revenge mission, ENTRACO operatives reportedly returned the following day, Friday, and unleashed terror on traders and residents around the Toronto axis. Shops were vandalized and looted, with phones, motorcycles, bags of rice, gallons of groundnut oil, and other valuables allegedly carted away.
The situation soon degenerated to a free-for-all as residents and traders from neighboring areas trooped out to confront the ENTRACO team in defense of the victims. What followed was a violent clash that may have claimed lived based on unconfirmed reports.
But Ekwutosblog learnt that several people were injured after the confrontation as the area turned into a battle front.
Further investigations by Ekwutosblog revealed that the traders had earlier been directed by authorities to relocate to a government designated market along CCC, Toronto, purportedly meant to reduce road obstruction and ensure the free flow of traffic.
However, those whose shops and properties were destroyed condemned the attack, describing it as barbaric, unjust, and uncalled for, insisting that ENTRACO’s actions went far beyond the bounds of their duty. They are now demanding justice and compensation, calling on the state government to intervene immediately.
Residents of the area have also accused ENTRACO operatives of harassment, intimidation, and looting, alleging that this is not the first time such incidents have occurred in Owerri. They insist that the agency has become a law unto itself, operating with impunity and disregard for human rights.
Meanwhile, information from the grapevine sources suggests that tension remains high, as there are warnings of possible reprisal attacks and arrests. ENTRACO operatives are said to have vowed to enforce the market relocation order by all means, insisting that trading along MCC Uratta Road will no longer be tolerated.
Latest information has it that fear and uncertainty have enveloped the entire area. Business owners and commuters now live in constant anxiety, unsure of what might unfold next.
Residents have reportedly been living in fear of further raids or arrests from the government agents.
When our reporter called at the Owerri North Division office in Toronto, operatives at the entrance gate were unable to allow our correspondent amidst fear of the unknown reigning in the area.
In the View of that the President of Protect the weak international foundation ( Nchekwa Ndi Ogbenye Foundation) on 27th of October 2025 submitted a petition To the Commissioner Of Police Imo State Command over the Looting of over 70 shops at the Toronto Junction Market by the men of Imo Entraco and the case was assigned to a competent Department for thorough investigation.

NONSONKWA also stresses that the pathological LIES of Imo Entraco Shall NOT Stand that he is optimistic that the REAL TRUTH would be unveiled in this matter Soonest!
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1Bg4EHVymg/?mibextid=wwXIfr
Today the 29th of October 2025 NONSONKWA through his Facebook page raised another alarm in the video where he is seen crying profusely he explained that “Entraco is marching with 100 vehicles with thieves and cultists that they’re working with those carry hammer and those carrying gun from their office at Aba Road he insisted that everybody saw them today, that theirs no one who is in Owerri that didn’t see Entraco today as they are moving towards Toronto Junction he said he has put a call across to the Commissioner of Police and also to the DCP who is handling the case over the stealing meted on Market Women broke into their shops. He said “now they have marched again because of the Impunity that is reigning in Imo where we have a Governor, Where we have a Governor!! that doesn’t care about the people, it’s not today that we started lamenting about Entraco he stated’, but the Governor pretends that he doesn’t heed to it, his appointees pretend as if they don’t heed to it, according to him he says that now Entraco is a terrorist organization that is terrorizing Imo people, terrorizing poor people, less privileged in Imo State, with Exclamation he shouted , “Entraco, they marching to Toronto again today, he raised his voice again “If Imo people eyes turns Red, you people will Run he tells Imo Entraco, If Imo people eyes turns Red, you people will Run, whoever you think you’re , you people will Runaway from Imo State he stated, is it because the masses kept quiet of you that’s why you the Entraco has been misbehaving, you turned yourself into terrorist organization, you all feel you can intimidate the Imolites, you can do anything to Ndi Imo, you can do anything to Ndi Imo that is what you think, that is what you think, in Conclusion he said’. Anyway this is just a short video, “IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ANYBODY AT TORONTO TODAY, IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ANYBODY AT TORONTO TODAY, IMO GOVERNOR SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE, IMO GOVERNOR SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE, anyone who is a government of Imo state should be held responsible, if anything happens to anyone at Toronto Today they should be held responsible since he has been saying it and he’s only getting deaf ears, in another warning he said let anything happen to anyone and the Entraco will see, he called out the so called local Government Chairman of Owerri North LGA, in the person of Abaraonye he stated that he has always shown no concern over all the incidents that has been happening, he also called out the House of assembly member, he said that Owerri North has a House of Assembly Member, they also have a House of Representatives Member and also a Sitting Senator Ezenwa Onyewuchi who hails from Owerri North were all this incidents are carried out, they turned deaf ears to all this incidents because they’re in the same Government, and they’re in the same Party APC, yet they’re keeping quiet to all the intimidations being meted on the poor people of Imo State.
News
𝗛𝗢𝗡. 𝗧𝗢𝗦𝗞𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗡𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦, 𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗜𝗛𝗜𝗔𝗚𝗪𝗔, 𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗕𝗜𝗘𝗭𝗘𝗡𝗔, 𝗘𝗭𝗜𝗢𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗢, 𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗔𝗕𝗜𝗔𝗠, 𝗢𝗞𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗛𝗜, 𝗨𝗠𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗠𝗔, 𝗔𝗩𝗨 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦: 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗜𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere(TOSKA), Member Representing Owerri Federal Constituency, has strongly condemned the incessant gruesome killings, kidnappings, rapes and violent attacks carried out by unscrupulous and criminal elements terrorizing communities within Owerri Federal Constituency, especially in Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emeabiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other neighbouring communities.
The recent killings of vigilante operatives and innocent constituents at Umuguma and Ihiagwa call for urgent and deterrent response by our security agencies.
In a passionate motion raised before the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Okere called on the Federal Government of Nigeria and relevant security agencies to immediately deploy adequate security personnel to the affected communities and take decisive actions against the worsening insecurity threatening the lives and properties of his people.
According to him, the continuous attacks on harmless villagers, farmers, women and youths can no longer be tolerated under any guise.
“I urge the Federal Government of Nigeria to urgently look into this motion and act swiftly before more innocent lives are lost. Our people deserve to live and to live in peace without fear of being kidnapped, raped or butchered in their own communities,” Hon. TOSKA stressed.
The lawmaker further emphasized that the people of Owerri Federal Constituency will not fold their arms and watch criminals continue to unleash terror across Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emebiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other communities while families continue to mourn their loved ones daily.
This courageous move by Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere has continued to attract commendations from constituents who describe his intervention as timely, bold and people-oriented.
Hon. Okere is the light and the voice of Owerri Federal Constituency.
May God keep him to keep standing for us and for our interest.
News
TENSIONS RISE IN OGUTA LGA AS CHAIRMAN MOVED AHEAD WITH Town UNION ELECTIONS AGAINST STATE DIRECTIVE
By Nwauwa Ikedi Justice
An emerging standoff between the Oguta Local Government Area executive and the Imo State Government has sparked concerns of unrest in several communities, after the council chairman proceeded with plans to conduct Town Union elections in defiance of a statewide directive from Governor Hope Uzodimma.
Last week, Hon. Ifeanyi Nnani, Executive Chairman of Oguta LGA, initiated steps to organize elections in five autonomous communities, an action seen by observers as a direct challenge to the governor’s order prohibiting local government chairmen from interfering in Town Union affairs.
The controversy stems from earlier complaints by traditional rulers across the state, who alleged that some local government chairmen had been imposing proxies as Town Union executives in their domains.
In response, Governor Uzodimma convened a statewide stakeholders’ meeting on January 17, 2026, at the Eze Imo Palace. Citing the Imo State Town Union Law No. 6 of 2003, as amended, the governor lifted the existing ban on Town Union elections and ruled that the process should be conducted in line with each community’s established customs. He also transferred supervisory responsibility from local government chairmen to the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, designating it the appropriate authority for such matters. The directive has since been credited with restoring relative peace across the state.
Despite this, sources indicate that Hon. Nnani’s administration has quietly begun conducting elections in villages within Oguta LGA without consulting the affected Town Unions or seeking clearance from the supervising ministry.
A letter dated last week and personally signed by the chairman to the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs has since come to light. Rather than seeking approval, the correspondence served as notification of the council’s intent to proceed with elections in Ndiuloukwu, Mgbala, Uworie, and Mgbele autonomous communities—a move that appears to contradict the state government’s directive.
The emergence of the letter has alarmed traditional rulers, with reports of growing unease in the affected communities. Community leaders have vowed to resist what they describe as an unlawful intrusion into their internal affairs.
Attempts to reach Hon. Nnani for comment have so far been unsuccessful, as calls to his office went unanswered.
Business
Fuel may hit N2000/litre. Subsidize crude feedstock now – TUC tells FG
The Trade Union of Nigeria, TUC, has raised the alarm that the price of Premium Motor Spirit aka Petrol may climb to about N2,000 per litre if urgent measures are not taken to cushion the impact of rising global crude prices and the depreciating naira.
Speaking to newsmen on Thursday, April 9, the president of the TUC, Festus Osifo, called on the Federal Government to immediately deploy 60 percent of excess crude oil revenue above the 2026 budget benchmark to subsidise crude feedstock supplies to the Dangote Refinery and other modular refineries, a move it says will slash pump prices of petrol, diesel, and jet fuel within two weeks
“Today, comrades, we are seeing that the cost of petrol is edging towards N2,000 per litre depending on the part of the country that you are. Nigerian workers are already passing through excruciating pain as we speak.
The same way it is affecting transportation, it is also affecting manufacturing. The cost of diesel has also gone northward, meaning that the cost of production has increased. When production costs rise, the final price of goods on the shelves will also skyrocket.
If this continues unchecked, the inflation that we are currently celebrating as going downwards will reverse and start moving up again,” he stated.
Osifo outlined the proposal as an urgent intervention to cushion Nigerian workers from excruciating pain caused by petrol prices edging towards ₦2,000 per litre in some parts of the country
-
Business2 years ago
US court acquits Air Peace boss, slams Mayfield $4000 fine
-
Trending2 years agoNYA demands release of ‘abducted’ Imo chairman, preaches good governance
-
Politics2 years agoMexico’s new president causes concern just weeks before the US elections
-
Politics2 years agoPutin invites 20 world leaders
-
Politics2 years agoRussia bans imports of agro-products from Kazakhstan after refusal to join BRICS
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky falls ill in police custody, rushed to hospital
-
Entertainment2 years ago
Bobrisky transferred from Immigration to FCID, spends night behind bars
-
Education2 years ago
GOVERNOR FUBARA APPOINTS COUNCIL MEMBERS FOR KEN SARO-WIWA POLYTECHNIC BORI
