Connect with us

News

NDLEA seeks forfeiture of Proxy Night Club for hosting drug party

Published

on

NDLEA Boss General Buba Marwa

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) says it will file for the forfeiture of Proxy Night Club, Victoria Island, Lagos, following a raid that uncovered a large-scale drug party at the facility over the weekend.

The agency disclosed this in a statement issued by Femi Babafemi, Director of Media and Advocacy, NDLEA Headquarters, Abuja, warning nightclub operators and fun seekers against organizing or attending drug-related events.

“While the Agency will intensify surveillance and apply the full force of the law against perpetrators, owners of properties, hotels, and event centres found to be knowingly hosting such illegal activities risk the confiscation and forfeiture of their assets to the Federal Government.  

“Those held in custody in the ongoing case will face prosecution, while we will file for forfeiture of the property, Proxy Night Club, in which the drugs were found, ”they stated.

Backstory 

On Sunday, October 26, 2025, the NDLEA confirmed the arrest of Lagos Socialite, Mike Eze Nwalie Nwogu, popularly known as Pretty Mike, alongside over 100 guests during a midnight raid at Proxy Night Club in Victoria Island, Lagos.

 

The operation followed intelligence reports that a drug party was being held at the club. NDLEA operatives, who had been deployed undercover, arrived at the venue around 11 p.m. on Saturday, October 25, and monitored activities until 3 a.m. on Sunday when the raid took place.

During the operation, the agency recovered cartons of illicit substances, including Loud and laughing gas, from suspects at the party and the club’s store.

The NDLEA said the raid was conducted in line with its Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and all those arrested were taken into custody for screening to determine their level of involvement

What they stated 

The agency said drug parties are criminal acts that violate the NDLEA Act and will attract severe penalties.

“Any gathering organized for the purpose of consuming, distributing, or abusing illicit substances is an act of criminality. These ‘drug parties’ contravene the explicit provisions of the NDLEA Act and will be treated as serious narcotic offences,” the agency said.

It described the event as a brazen display of illegality, noting that organizers had the audacity to produce and circulate flyers inviting fun seekers to come together to commit crime, an act that not only constitutes an incitement to commit crime but equally an affront to the law enforcement capabilities of the country if condoned.

The agency added that all attendees initially arrested were later profiled, addressed, counselled and released within hours in custody, in line with best global practices, while the two principal suspects: Pretty Mike and his manager, Joachin Millary remain in custody following the seizure of 384.882 kilograms of Canadian Loud, a strong strain of cannabis and other substances from the club’s store.

NDLEA calls for public vigilance 

The NDLEA urged Nigerians to remain vigilant and support its efforts to combat drug abuse, which it described as a growing threat to the nation’s youth and public health.

It appealed to all patriotic Nigerians, parents, religious and community leaders, as well as concerned citizens to be vigilant, report such activities, and partner with the NDLEA in combating this threat to national well-being.

News

𝗛𝗢𝗡. 𝗧𝗢𝗦𝗞𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗠𝗡𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦, 𝗞𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗥𝗔𝗣𝗘𝗦 𝗜𝗡 𝗜𝗛𝗜𝗔𝗚𝗪𝗔, 𝗢𝗕𝗜𝗕𝗜𝗘𝗭𝗘𝗡𝗔, 𝗘𝗭𝗜𝗢𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗢, 𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗔𝗕𝗜𝗔𝗠, 𝗢𝗞𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗛𝗜, 𝗨𝗠𝗨𝗚𝗨𝗠𝗔, 𝗔𝗩𝗨 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗦: 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗜𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡

Published

on

 

Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere(TOSKA), Member Representing Owerri Federal Constituency, has strongly condemned the incessant gruesome killings, kidnappings, rapes and violent attacks carried out by unscrupulous and criminal elements terrorizing communities within Owerri Federal Constituency, especially in Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emeabiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other neighbouring communities.

The recent killings of vigilante operatives and innocent constituents at Umuguma and Ihiagwa call for urgent and deterrent response by our security agencies.

In a passionate motion raised before the Federal House of Representatives, Hon. Okere called on the Federal Government of Nigeria and relevant security agencies to immediately deploy adequate security personnel to the affected communities and take decisive actions against the worsening insecurity threatening the lives and properties of his people.

According to him, the continuous attacks on harmless villagers, farmers, women and youths can no longer be tolerated under any guise.

“I urge the Federal Government of Nigeria to urgently look into this motion and act swiftly before more innocent lives are lost. Our people deserve to live and to live in peace without fear of being kidnapped, raped or butchered in their own communities,” Hon. TOSKA stressed.

The lawmaker further emphasized that the people of Owerri Federal Constituency will not fold their arms and watch criminals continue to unleash terror across Ihiagwa, Obibiezena, Eziobodo, Emebiam, Okolochi, Umuguma, Avu and other communities while families continue to mourn their loved ones daily.

This courageous move by Hon. Sir Tochukwu Okere has continued to attract commendations from constituents who describe his intervention as timely, bold and people-oriented.

Hon. Okere is the light and the voice of Owerri Federal Constituency.
May God keep him to keep standing for us and for our interest.

 

Continue Reading

News

TENSIONS RISE IN OGUTA LGA AS CHAIRMAN MOVED AHEAD WITH Town UNION ELECTIONS AGAINST STATE DIRECTIVE

Published

on

 

By Nwauwa Ikedi Justice

An emerging standoff between the Oguta Local Government Area executive and the Imo State Government has sparked concerns of unrest in several communities, after the council chairman proceeded with plans to conduct Town Union elections in defiance of a statewide directive from Governor Hope Uzodimma.

Last week, Hon. Ifeanyi Nnani, Executive Chairman of Oguta LGA, initiated steps to organize elections in five autonomous communities, an action seen by observers as a direct challenge to the governor’s order prohibiting local government chairmen from interfering in Town Union affairs.

The controversy stems from earlier complaints by traditional rulers across the state, who alleged that some local government chairmen had been imposing proxies as Town Union executives in their domains.

In response, Governor Uzodimma convened a statewide stakeholders’ meeting on January 17, 2026, at the Eze Imo Palace. Citing the Imo State Town Union Law No. 6 of 2003, as amended, the governor lifted the existing ban on Town Union elections and ruled that the process should be conducted in line with each community’s established customs. He also transferred supervisory responsibility from local government chairmen to the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, designating it the appropriate authority for such matters. The directive has since been credited with restoring relative peace across the state.

Despite this, sources indicate that Hon. Nnani’s administration has quietly begun conducting elections in villages within Oguta LGA without consulting the affected Town Unions or seeking clearance from the supervising ministry.

A letter dated last week and personally signed by the chairman to the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs has since come to light. Rather than seeking approval, the correspondence served as notification of the council’s intent to proceed with elections in Ndiuloukwu, Mgbala, Uworie, and Mgbele autonomous communities—a move that appears to contradict the state government’s directive.

The emergence of the letter has alarmed traditional rulers, with reports of growing unease in the affected communities. Community leaders have vowed to resist what they describe as an unlawful intrusion into their internal affairs.

Attempts to reach Hon. Nnani for comment have so far been unsuccessful, as calls to his office went unanswered.

Continue Reading

Business

Fuel may hit N2000/litre. Subsidize crude feedstock now – TUC tells FG

Published

on

 

The Trade Union of Nigeria, TUC, has raised the alarm that the price of Premium Motor Spirit aka Petrol may climb to about N2,000 per litre if urgent measures are not taken to cushion the impact of rising global crude prices and the depreciating naira.

Speaking to newsmen on Thursday, April 9, the president of the TUC, Festus Osifo, called on the Federal Government to immediately deploy 60 percent of excess crude oil revenue above the 2026 budget benchmark to subsidise crude feedstock supplies to the Dangote Refinery and other modular refineries, a move it says will slash pump prices of petrol, diesel, and jet fuel within two weeks

“Today, comrades, we are seeing that the cost of petrol is edging towards N2,000 per litre depending on the part of the country that you are. Nigerian workers are already passing through excruciating pain as we speak.

The same way it is affecting transportation, it is also affecting manufacturing. The cost of diesel has also gone northward, meaning that the cost of production has increased. When production costs rise, the final price of goods on the shelves will also skyrocket.

If this continues unchecked, the inflation that we are currently celebrating as going downwards will reverse and start moving up again,” he stated.

Osifo outlined the proposal as an urgent intervention to cushion Nigerian workers from excruciating pain caused by petrol prices edging towards ₦2,000 per litre in some parts of the country

Continue Reading

Trending